Chapter 6: Prove Your Worth!

April 20XX—Midoriya Apartment

"We got in! Hell yeah!"
"Ehh... to be expected?"

Truly, with other things that the both of them had been prioritising, such as Katsuna who learned how to maintain her arm, as well as Izuku who constantly spent much of his time in town making sure that Villains weren't going around wrecking the city, they didn't want to bother themselves worrying about whether or not they got to U.A. High.

Because, in a way, they felt that they were qualified. And fortunately, that belief was well-founded.

Immediately after they returned from the exams, both families got together so that the two children could share their experiences together. While Izuku had gone straight on and crushed the zero-pointer with one punch, as to be expected, Katsuna instead worked on getting others out of there, leading the other participants off to safety until the timer went to zero.

"Them keeping the rescue points a secret is a smart move because it lets them properly ascertain the worth of the students," he says, humming. "Honestly, I didn't expect myself to be the highest. I was betting it was you, Kacchan."

"Pfft, what? Come on, tell me that you didn't expect that!" Chuckled the boy's friend. "Still... You got twenty points higher than me, huh? Guess I've gotta' work hard!"

"Yeah," nodded the boy, looking down to his own hand, clenching it into a fist. "I must too. We all have to, to become Heroes."

That was a week ago, having celebrated enough. The school years were finally beginning today, and though Izuku had offered to leap to U.A. High again, his childhood friend had vehemently denied his offer, saying that they were going to use the train like normal people, much to his chagrin.

Okay, so in a way, it was kind of his fault for traumatising his friend to the point where she didn't want to go at jet-speeds in the air like he did, but come on! It was fun!

Still, she said that they were going to use the train, they'll use the train then. He can deal with that.

Maybe someday, she'll learn to go at those sort of speeds on her own someday using her 'Quirk' and power.

Izuku understood that it would be weird for him to call his power a 'Quirk', because the official examinations have officially recorded him a 'Quirkless', so that's what he'll call it; his power. The power of Saitama.

And Katsuna, even if it was just one arm, possesses the power of Genos.

'I really hope it wouldn't change our personalities too much,' he says, yawning as he puts on his uniform.

He understood that he became slightly more blasé ever since inheriting this new power, probably because his mind has just accepted that nothing could ever defeat him because he's too powerful. A change to how his brain works because of his inherit power.

Would Katsuna become serious too? He's okay with her current self, although she has mellowed out because, you know... Well, he can't really explain anything. He's not smart, but at the same time he's smart because Izuku.

'Urgh, I'm so done with myself...' Thought the boy.

Leaving his room, Izuku fiddles with his tie, finishing it and letting the end of it hang over his belt. Because honestly, he understood that an anime character can make their weird outfit their norm (look at freaking Jojo, for instance!), he wanted to at least keep himself relatively normal.

"Izuku!" The boy automatically waved back at his mother, who had just finished serving some morning breakfast at the table. "Good morning to you. So, how are you feeling, champ? You're going to one of the best Hero schools right after this, just like you've always wanted."