Chapter 4: Reborn, Another Hero

Nine Months Before U.A High Entrance Exams—Midoriya Apartment

It was just a normal day like any other day, with clear blue skies, nice weather and the occasional greetings from people around you. It was peaceful, quiet, and Inko enjoyed it so. She knew most would find it boring, but she liked the simplicity of her current life, and wouldn't want to change it for anything else.

But there had been a gut feeling, a strange sensation that told her that things weren't probably going to stay that way forever.

Namely, it happened ever since the Sludge incident. It was not a nice thing, she would never say otherwise, but there was still something that really took the cake.

At the time, all of them had been extremely worried about Katsuna's condition. Fretting over her nonstop, it was only after the girl had returned home and they were properly able to settle down again did she finally stop to think about what really happened that day.

Luckily enough, there was camera footage of what happened that day, so she decided to sit down and watch the video—

"Wait, is that Izuku?!" She cried out to herself, eyes wide in fear as the boy was suddenly running around like a rabbit. "Is he... trying to save Katsuna?"

The boy was a pure child, she knew that much. Even if the girl had bullied him for far too much, he never did let that get to him, still considering her a good friend of his. And now, watching him swerving in between the Villain's attacks makes her wonder how his finesse is so well.

The gore comes and she mumbles a 'Poor girl...' under her breath, genuinely hurt at what's happened to her son's friend. That must have been a painful experience.

And then, something that she would have never expected her son to ever be capable of doing hit her. Something that she would have never thought would happen in a thousand years.

Izuku, shielding his friend with one arm, suddenly began screaming and punched. And from there, the footage blurred, seemingly disrupted for a moment before it cleared up again, and Inko's jaw hit the table.

Could anyone blame her? Her 'Quirkless' son seemingly just punches forward, and now, there is a gaping hole carved into the very buildings beyond them. Nothing remained in a distance of what could be described as miles away, land barren and brutal destruction.

The Villain was nowhere to be found at that.

The next day, the news about the Villain's arrest had been confirmed, with him swearing to never ever resort to crime, stating with a shaky voice that he was 'seeing death in the eyes'. It really looked like he was willing to throw himself into prison.

Did... Did her Izuku do that? There was no way, right?

And yet, such was true when she finds out what happened the day prior.

Namely, Izuku goes to the mall to get lunch. At the time, she had been busy washing the dishes, so she didn't know that there was a terrorist attack on the mall. Pacemakers, lead by Wobbegong, and all of them had Afro's. Strange group and their strange similarity aside, the one thing that really took the cake was the next thing she got.

"...and you're saying that you saw a boy with green hair singlehandedly fight this group of terrorists?"

"Yes! He was really strong, and fast too! One moment he was there, and the next, he was just everywhere!"

"The kid took down what could have been a hundred men! Alone! That's amazing!"

"I wish I could find him... He saved our lives. I wouldn't be home with my kids if it wasn't for him."