ten.

Foreign Affairs
chapter ten.

❨ 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 ❩

❨ 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐗 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐘. Shadowhunters within the Institute were starting to increase their training, sharpen their seraph blades, move out on patrol. And Leon and Kai were no different.

Well, Leon was no different.

Kai and Magnus had portaled out of the states for another date; and the current location was Tokyo, according to a text from Kai stating that he might be late.

A few days had passed since the double date at the Hunter's Moon, since Jace had to move in with Magnus because of Aldertree.

Neither Kai nor Leon made any moves on the Head of the Institute about it, but they knew Aldertree was waiting for it. The side-glances that Aldertree gave them told them that he was waiting for them to say something.

But they weren't going to give him what he wanted. It could make things worse.

Alec and Leon had gotten back to the Institute from the East Village, where Alec had taken him on a date. They had bacon burgers and just enjoyed each other's company.

In the privacy of Alec's room after they returned, Alec reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out the gift he had gotten for Leon.

"I got you something," Alec told Leon, making the latter turn to him.

"Me?"

"Of course," Alec smiled.

Leon smiled back at him as Alec handed him the gift but as he looked down at his hands, his breath stopped in his throat.

"Is this why you wanted to stop at that warlock shop?"

Leon's voice came out soft as he stared at the small trinket in his hands, his fingers carefully running along the horns on the surface.

"Do you like it?" Alec asked him.

Leon couldn't help but feel the tears try to fall. But he held them back and looked up at Alec. "I love it."

Alec beamed and Leon chuckled, looking back down at the trinket. "Do you know what these are? What the horns mean to me?" Leon asked him softly, his fingers still tracing the horns.

"Horns were Ragnor Fell's warlock mark, right?"

Leon's eyes widened and he snapped his head up to look at Alec. He hadn't realized Alec knew what Ragnor's warlock mark was. Alec wasn't there the morning before Ragnor died, when they had the meeting and Ragnor's picture was on the monitor.