eleven.

Foreign Affairs
chapter eleven.

❨ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ❩

❨ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌. He woke up to the warmth on his skin and opened his eyes slowly, the sense of euphoria still settling in the pit of his stomach. His legs were intertwined with someone else's, bare skin on bare skin.

That was when he remembered everything that happened the night before. He remembered the rain pitter-pattering against his window, the tender touch of Alec's lips on his.

Alec's arm was wrapped around Leon's waist, soft snores leaving his lips that made Leon chuckle to himself. He lifted his head and watched Alec sleep for a moment. He just wanted a few more moments in that point in time.

But a nagging feeling pulled at his heart, making him frown slightly.

I'll have to return to London at the end of the mission.

He hated that thought. He wished he could burn it away, destroy the fact that he was only in New York on a mission. A diplomatic mission that he hardly could fulfill with Aldertree's watchful eyes — or that time Maryse refused to send him to the Seelie Court with Izzy.

But once Valentine was caught, thrown away in the Gard, and the threat on the Downworld was over, the Clave would have Leon and Kai return to London because they would see no reason to keep them in New York.

Alec let out a tired hum and it pulled Leon from his depressing thoughts. He turned his head up to look at Alec, and saw him smiling down at him. "Morning," Alec hummed.

Leon smiled back, a lingering sadness on his face. "Morning," he greeted his boyfriend back.

But Alec noticed the look in Leon's eyes, a look of dread that made him worry. "What's wrong?"

Leon sighed and he lifted himself from Alec's chest. Instead, he untangled their legs and sat up, rubbing a hand through his hair. "I just...I remembered something I'd been trying to ignore since we started dating."

"What's that?"

Leon turned his head around to look back at Alec, who was sitting up behind him. The sheets had bunched around his hips and exposed his bare chest to Leon, causing the latter to hold his breath.

Leon looked away again and ran a hand through his hair.

"The fact that I have to leave once Valentine is captured."