twenty-seven.

Foreign Affairs
chapter twenty-seven.

Foreign Affairschapter twenty-seven

❨ 𝐦𝐚𝐱 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋. "Ragnor, old friend, what is this all about?" Magnus questioned the old warlock.

"I have someone I want you to meet," Ragnor beamed. "A young Shadowhunter."

"Shadowhunter?" Magnus gasped. "Ragnor, you hate Shadowhunters."

Ragnor waved him off and started pulling some books from the shelves around them. "Yes, yes, that's true. But there's something about this one...He lost his parents in the Uprising. They were trying to stop Valentine Morgenstern from getting the Mortal Cup. Poor thing was only five."

Magnus' heart broke for the boy — he knew what it felt like to lose his parents.

"But what on Earth made you trust him?"

Ragnor chuckled and stacked the books on his desk. "I was in the Institute almost two years ago on business and he approached me with his adopted mother — his birth mother's parabatai, in fact." Magnus was surprised by the soft tone in Ragnor's voice as he spoke about the Shadowhunter boy. "He had just gone through his rune ceremony and he told me that he admired me, you see."

Magnus' eyes widened. "Did he now?"

Ragnor nodded his head, "In fact, he said he admired all the Downworlders. His mother helped him explain that since the Uprising and the loss of his parents, he'd been trying to learn everything he could about Downworlders."