thirty-one.

Foreign Affairs
chapter thirty-one.

Foreign Affairschapter thirty-one

❨ 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃, 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒. He rolled over in his bed with a small yawn and smiled at the peaceful expression on his boyfriend's face as he slept. He closed his eyes, hoping to get a few more moments of sleep.

As soon as his eyes were closed and he saw darkness, images started flashing into his head. Images of Sebastian, his skin blackening and caked in blood, his eyes dead and empty, growling demonically at him as it lunged for him.

He sprang up from the pillow with a sharp gasp. He pulled his knees up and rested his elbows on them, running his hands harshly through his hair. His breath left in spurts and he hung his head, trying to catch his breath.

When he had shot up so abruptly, he woke Alec even though he hadn't meant to. He heard Alec moan softly, felt him shifting under the covers.

"Hey," Alec murmured, sitting up behind him. Leon jerked slightly when Alec put his hand on his bare shoulder but then he leaned into the touch. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," Leon rasped. He took in a deep breath and turned around to offer Alec a smile. "Everything's great."

But Alec's eyes darted around, studying the expression on Leon's face, the guilt in his eyes. "Are you sure?"

Leon didn't want to talk about what he had seen when he closed his eyes because he was afraid that it would spark another fight with him and Alec. So, he smiled again and leaned back to press a kiss to Alec's lips.

"I'm sure."

He tossed the blankets off of him and grabbed a pair of boxers from the dresser. Once he had them on his hips, he walked over to the wardrobe and was about to pull a shirt from the hanger when Alec grabbed his hand to stop him.

Leon turned around to look up at the taller man. Alec had pulled on his jeans but was still shirtless as he stood in front of Leon.

"If it's about Sebastian..." Leon turned his head away from him, which gave Alec the answer he needed. "Leon, you can talk to me about it," Alec assured him softly. "I didn't mean to start the fight last night about him."

"I know you didn't," Leon whispered. "I just..." He sighed and looked back at Alec. "I can't stop picturing him that way...dead, possessed, empty." Leon ran a hand through his hair and took in a deep breath. "It's like I can't remember what he looked like or who he was before Jonathan tainted my memory of him...Alec, I feel guilty."