thirty.

Foreign Affairs
chapter thirty.

Foreign Affairschapter thirty

❨ 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐘, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍.

The six of them stepped through Clary's portal, which she created with her new Portal rune, then it closed again behind them as they continued walking through the cemetery.

"Why would they hide in a graveyard?" Clary asked out loud.

"They probably raided an old weapons cache," Izzy suggested.

"Doesn't explain what happened to everybody else here," Jace responded. Leon tightened his grip around his bow staff, still strapped to the back of his belt until he needed it.

There was a scene of chaos in front of them. It looked like a funeral that had been violently interrupted. Blood was everywhere and flowers were trampled.

"I don't think they left," Alec huffed.

"Another demon trap," Izzy breathed.

"Let's split up. Teams of two."

"I'll go with Alec."

"I'll go with Izzy."

Leon quirked an eyebrow up in confusion and shared a glance with Kai. Jace and Clary had been acting strange after they tracked Jonathan, and this was even more weird.

"Okay?"

Alec and Leon spared a quick glance at each other before the six of them split up. Alec and Jace ran off in one direction, and so did Clary and Izzy.

Leon and Kai ran off to the left, their feet pounding against the grass. They were able to keep up each other's pace and as they came up to an old mausoleum, Leon snatched his bow staff from his belt.

They slowed their pace and moved down the steps into the mausoleum quietly, just in case someone — or something — was down there. Leon snapped his staff into one piece but didn't break it in half. 

They kept close to each other but didn't utter a single word to each other. Tensions between them were still high, especially since Magnus broke up with Kai. Neither of them wanted to start up the conversation to be had about their differences so it wasn't being resolved.