Coming Across Something Better (part five)

It was completely coincidental that Percy and his band ran into Annabeth and her friends.

Okay. He was being serious. Sure, maybe he had been planning on going out on a date with her tonight, but his friends had demanded a guys' night instead so Percy had told her that he had to reschedule. She had just kissed him and laughed, saying that her friends were begging her to do the same thing.

Neither of them imagined that they would end up at the same place.

And the funny thing was, Percy literally bumped right into her. Like, he had been talking to Jason about adding another guitar solo (like the one they were currently watching on stage at the bar they were in) when he took a step and backed up into someone. He turned around to apologize at the same time that the other person did, and all of a sudden Annabeth was grinning at him and reaching up to kiss him.

"Watch where you're going, Seaweed Brain," she joked when she pulled back.

Percy heard all of his friends groan from behind him.

"Percy! You planned this!" They accused, but Percy couldn't ignore the way that they were grinning.

He took Annabeth's hand and turned back around to them. He held up his other hand to surrender. He laughed when he said, "I really didn't!"

Jason and Leo both rolled their eyes while Nico crossed his arms over his chest, "Yeah, right."

Annabeth laughed and stepped closer, hugging all three of them quickly. Over the past few weeks, the four of them had gotten closer and now Annabeth loved all of them. They were always laughing and joking when they were together, and Percy was glad that they got along. It made his life a hell of a lot better.

"Okay, I'll get out of the way of guys' night," she said, kissing Percy on the cheek. "My friends are waiting anyway."

"Your friends?" Jason asked.

"Yes," Annabeth said. "I do have friends other than you guys."

"And are any of them... Possibly single and ready to mingle?" Leo asked casually.

Annabeth laughed, "They are actually. All three of them."

Jason grinned, "And by any chance, would you be willing to let us meet them?"

She pretended to think about it, "Come on, then. Try not to embarrass yourselves, and it should be fine. They're not as hard to impress as I am."

Jason and Leo cheered excitedly, and they dragged Nico in between them as they followed Percy and Annabeth through a crowd of people.

Percy had met Annabeth's friends almost a week ago. Annabeth had been right when she said that they weren't as hard to impress as she was. They had liked Percy as soon as they learned that he was in a band, and when he had met them, he had charmed them right down to their socks. Now, they loved him probably more than Annabeth did.

Annabeth threaded their way through the people until they got to a table in the corner. Piper, Hazel, and Chloe were sitting there, laughing loudly and taking pictures, Once they got close enough, Percy jumped in behind Piper and photobombed their selfie.

"Percy!" They said excitedly, standing up to give him a hug.

Annabeth was still holding his hand, but she let go so he could greet them. He laughed and said, "Okay, I totally didn't mean to show up and ruin your girls' night."

"That's okay," Piper said, throwing her arm around his shoulder. Her breath smelled like alcohol, and Percy wondered if they had all been drinking. Probably. "We were getting bored! This band sucks!"