How He Feels

Frank can't help it when he walks in on them.

And it's not like he actually walked in on anything (gods, he wasn't even the only person in the freaking room) but he still felt... a little weird.

He wasn't exactly used to public displays of affection (Romans weren't very big on PDA) and he didn't really know how to proceed without revealing how much it... affected him.

Suddenly, Piper laughed softly. She was watching Frank with a big smile on her face like she knew exactly what he was thinking; which he didn't doubt, especially since Piper was a child of Aphrodite/Venus and she knew stuff like that.

Jason looked up from a map he was studying when he heard her laughing. They were sitting really close, and they were holding hands. Frank felt a twinge of jealousy, but not for Piper (he had Hazel) and really not for Jason (he didn't swing that way; he had Hazel!) but he was kind of jealous that the only other Roman on the ship besides himself and Hazel was turning... well, Greek. Sure, Percy was a great praetor and a great friend, but deep down, Frank wanted another Roman on this quest. He missed it. He missed Camp.

And it sure didn't help that Hazel was being distant lately. He couldn't remember the last time he had kissed her. Gods, he couldn't remember the last time they had held hands. He knew she was having issues coping with the whole Leo/Sammy episode, and he knew that she still loved him, but that didn't make him any less frustrated about it.

So Frank reasoned that his feelings were natural when he saw them.

Percy and Annabeth were on the couch together in the living room. Percy was sprawled out across the couch with Annabeth on top of his chest. She had her head tucked under his chin and one of her hands was clutching the material of his shirt like she wouldn't ever let go. He had an arm wrapped around her waist protectively, holding her to him. His other hand was threaded in her hair. Their legs were tangled together and their eyes were closed, and Frank could absolutely swear that they were dreaming the exact same thing because they would smile in their sleep at the same time, and their breathing was timed exactly right to match each other, and-

Frank tried not to turn red. He was so jealous, he was trembling and it was his luck he would turn into some vicious, needy animal so he could storm up to Hazel and pull her close and kiss her and-

His vision hazed and took on a familiar red tint that scared Frank more than anything else.

Percy had warned him once. He told Frank that he knew several Ares kids back at Camp Half Blood, and he knew that they could be dangerous and violent, but they were nothing like the Romans. All Romans were naturally violent, but as a son of Mars, Frank could become one of the most vicious, violent people if the right emotions fueled him.

Jealousy was a completely violent trigger for children of Mars.

Piper whimpered suddenly, and Frank broke out of his angry state of mind. How could he even be thinking stuff like this? He knew Percy. He knew that if anyone deserved to love somebody like that it was Percy.

"Pipes, what's wrong?" Jason asked as he looked over to her. "Are you okay?"

Piper studied Frank like she was trying to figure him out. The two hadn't really ever talked to each other, but Frank knew that Piper was nice to everyone until you messed with somebody she loved. He heard she could be a real problem if that happened.

Frank pleaded her with his eyes to not tell Jason what he had been thinking about. All he needed was more embarrassing material for people to use to make fun of him.

She looked back to Jason and smiled, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" He asked again. "If something is wrong you can tell me so I-"