These feelings never change

The first time Princess Annabeth met a prince she was standing at her father's side on the opposite of her mother. She was wearing a bright yellow dress that was one of her favorites. Her tiara was sitting on top of her blonde curls that spilled down her back. She was smiling and standing quietly, answering when spoken to and remaining silent every other minute. She was being a perfect princess.

She was young enough that she barely reached her father's waist in height, but she had always acted older than a normal seven year old probably should. Her mother and father had always bragged on how mature and advanced she was for her age. She had already started her schooling, and now she was reading a few books by herself and coloring. The entire kingdom of Kaaowynn was proud of how well she was growing up.

As far as Annabeth understood, she was standing with her parents, the king and queen of Kaaowynn, as they greeted several hundred people. Her mother had explained earlier that day that they were hosting a ball in celebration of the birth of Annabeth's new brothers.

Annabeth straightened when she felt her father's hand on her shoulder. He bent down to her height and pointed at three people who were walking toward them.

There were two adults that were wearing clothes a bit like her mother and father wore. They were both wearing crowns on their heads, and the man had a crest on his shirt. In between the man and woman, there was a boy that looked to be about the same age as her. He was about as tall as she was, and he had thick black hair that was sticking up in one spot behind his ear. The boy was wearing an outfit that looked similar to the man's, and now that she looked between them she realized that they must have been a family.

"Do you recognize that symbol, Annabeth?" Her father asked.

She looked at him and nodded, "Oceania. The kingdom nearest to us. Those people are the king and queen, and that boy must be their son."

Her father looked impressed, "Very good. They are very excited to meet you. Prince Perseus is your age and the heir to the Oceania throne."

Annabeth nodded and continued studying the boy coming toward them as her father stood back up. The boy was slouching slightly, and he had a hold on his mother's hand. He looked like he was listening to something that the older man was saying. It must have been funny because the boy grinned.

"King Poseidon! Queen Sally!" Annabeth's father said loudly and happily. "Welcome! It's been too long."

Her dad shook the older man's hand as he said, "It has indeed, Frederick! You and your family look well."

"We are well and very happy about the birth of our sons," her dad said. He was smiling proudly.

The other man laughed, "Ah, yes. And where are the princes of Kaaowynn?"

Her dad motioned behind her mother, who was standing off to the side and holding either Bobby or Matthew (Annabeth couldn't tell them apart) while the other woman was holding the other one of them.

"If you're not careful, Poseidon, then you're going to have more as well," her dad said with a slight laugh.

Annabeth noted that his name must have been Poseidon. He laughed too and said, "Oh, I don't think so. We've got enough with Perseus here, right, son?"

The boy, Perseus apparently, made a face at his dad that made the older man laugh, "Dad, it's Percy."

"You and that nickname," Poseidon said, shaking his head. "Perseus, this is King Frederick of Kaaowynn."

Perseus looked up to her dad and then bowed lightly, "Pleasure to meet you, my lord."

Annabeth raised her eyebrows in shock at his manners. He wasn't any older than her, but he seemed well mannered.