eight

e i g h t ;

after the two have eaten, sooyoung quickly sneak back home to shower and dressed up to a yellow floral dress. she used the back door to exit and ran back to taehyung's condo unit.

it's sunday today so she decided to go to church with taehyung since both of them are christians. taehyung casually held sooyoung's hand as they both walked in at the church.

taehyung's mouth went 'o' as he saw the every little detail on thd ceiling of the church. sooyoung smiled at him, it's nice to go to church with the person you care about.

"why do i feel like this is the first time in a while you've been to church?" sooyoung joked and chuckled at the tall guy, who's still mesmerized by the beauty of the designs at the ceiling of the church.

sooyoung giggled at the thought of taehyung looking like a puppy who's been taken outside for the first time, cute isn't it? the girl pulled taehyung to the church pews and sat down.

the girl snapped her finger in front of taehyung to get his attention, which worked. taehyung blinked confusedly, "huh? you were saying?" he asks, puzzled as he stared again at the ceiling.

sooyoung just laughed, "it really seems like this is the first time in a while you've been to church." taehyung just smiled and nodded, "well, after i lost everything.. i never dared to enter the church premises, it's just... god took away everything from me, so why? why would i bother going here?" taehyung says, emotionless as he fiddled with his fingers, not making eye contact with sooyoung.

the girl looked at him with pure pity, yes. god may seem to do that but.. there must be a reason. she pat his shoulders for comfort," don't worry taehyung, there's always a reason behind our miserable lives. god wants to test us, it is to become stronger mentally." she says, giving him a reassuring smile.

taehyung's head lift up, looking at the girl teary eyed. sooyoung smiles, putting her hand in his face." don't worry, everything's gonna be alright. " she says as she kneeled down at the front of the church pew.

she started praying, taehyung looked at her and smiled. she's very gorgeous, nice and have strong faith in god. after probably around 5 minutes, she stood up and grabbed taehyung's hand.

taehyung smiled, standing up as they both leave the church. they stopped by for a second at the front of the church so that taehyung could tie his shoelaces that were left undone.

"hyung?" suddenly, a familiar voice called out. after tieing it up nicely and neat, he stood up and was shocked to see whose voice it was.

it was jungkook. his employee, with an old lady at his side. taehyung smiled, "it's been a while jungkook, has it?" taehyung says, shoving his hands in his pocket.

sooyoung looked at them confusedly, "it's just been a week since you decided to take a break but it felt long, hyung! when are you coming back? you have a lot of work to do." the younger guy continues to blabber.

taehyung just chuckled, "i'll be back soon, don't worry." he assures the guy, suddenly the old lady jungkook was with started talking with sooyoung.

sooyoung was startled but then starts talking to the lady, taehyung took a glance at them before talking again to his young employee.

probably after 10 more minutes of talking, they decided to bid off their goodbyes.

after the quick chit-chat, sooyoung was flustered about what the old lady told them.

"grandma, this is my boss at work." jungkook introduced taehyung to his grandma, taehyung bowed for respect and smiled.

the grandma smiled as well, "aigoo, you look very young to become a boss. must've been tough, is it?" taehyung chuckled.

"it is, at first but as time goes by, it's been less tough plus i've got pretty used to it." he replies, smiling.

jungkook laughed along with them but then his grandma started talking again, "by the way.. jungkook's boss, your girlfriend is really pretty and polite. you two really are cute together."

taehyung scratched his neck awkwardly as sooyoung laughed, "you have a good eye, grandma." sooyoung says which made everyone laughed except for jungkook who's looking confused as ever.

they started walking back and sooyoung told taehyung that she'll be going home for today and will meet him again tomorrow.

sooyoung hugged taehyung tightly, which taehyung has no idea that it would be the last time he's gonna ever see her.