Part three

Please excuse any mistakes.
People begin to wonder how Lyra and all the other procreators came to be in the colony, and honestly it's a cruel story.

There are two ways to be brought into the colony,

One way being born into it, if your mother was a procreator and you weren't sold, you would follow the same fate.

The second way is being bought by the owners of the colony, if you have good genes the colony will consider purchasing you. It's very rare now a days to be bought, most procreators are born into the colony.

Lyra's mother was a procreator, that's what she's been told anyways. When she was born her genes were so unique and impeccable that the colony had to buy her, how couldn't they?

She was raised in the colony, hidden away her whole life. Children are separated from their mothers, they are put in the infirmary until they are 3.
At the age of 3 all the children are divided into females and males, they are then taken to classes every day.

One protocol the colony takes is dividing related procreators and putting them in different units, this reduces the amount of inbreeding in the facility. If there is a slip up and a pregnancy occurs between half siblings or full, the pregnancy is terminated.

Lyra has been in the colony for 18 years, she has had to endure a life behind walls. Never seeing the outside world, of course the colony has high tech windows which display pictures of trees and meadows but none of that is real.

Lyra awoke in confusion, finding it hard to remember the previous night or where she was.
That's when she noticed the rooms distinct features, she was in the breeding pod.

Of course the night before herself and Orion where forced to procreate. Deep down Lyra wanted to forget that had happened but once she had conceived it would be pretty hard.

She looked to the right of her to see Orion, still sleeping soundly. She slipped out of the covers, trying not to wake him.
As she uncovered herself she realised she was fully naked still, she gasped and grabbed some clothes.

As she finished getting dressed for the day ahead of her she walked into the bathroom, examining herself in the mirror.

Was she really that pretty? What did all those people see in her? She clearly didn't see it.

One loud crash followed by a thud and a moan alerted Lyra. She quickly spun her head around the bathroom door to see the bed completely empty.

"Orion?" She whispered in confusion.

"I'm okay"

She chuckled "what are you doing down there?"

"Sleeping"

She snorted as she laughed so hard at Orion splattered out on the marble floor beneath them.

She walked over to him, offering a hand up.

"I'm fine" he rejected her offer.

"Hurry up and get dressed then, breakfast will be served soon"

He nodded and stood up, revealing himself fully nude, not that Lyra hadn't seen everything previously.