Part seven

"Can all procreators make their way to the mess hall for dinner!" The voice blared through the microphone.

Lyra shot up out of her seat and charged down into the mess hall, she had been waiting for what felt like forever to go find Orion.

Bursting through the mess hall doors with the rest of the crowd from Her unit almost knocked her over, no single file lines coming through the doors at dinner, everyone was rushing in.

Lyra tried to go straight to the table, she needed to speak to him straight away but just as she came arms reach to the table a manager stepped in front of her.

"You need to get a meal before you are seated" he spun Lyra around and pushed her towards the machines.

She huffed and stormed over to the machine, scanning her wristband and grabbing her tray. She then tried again, this time actually making it to the table.

"Hey" Mensa smiled at Lyra.

"Orion! Where have you been?" Lyra screeched, ignoring Mensa.

"In the washroom why?" He asked, confusion all over his face.

"I need to speak to you! About the corridor thing" she whispered.

"Oh okay, excuse us" Orion stood up and stepped away from the table.

Mensa and Cygnus shrugged and continued to eat and chatter away.

"The medic I had, she said she heard us!" Lyra grabbed prions arms.

"What how?" He gasped.

"I don't know! But you know we have such a tight wrap around us already!" She began to raise her voice.

"Calm down, she might mean something else, who was it?" He reassured her.

"New girl, called Sabrina but she seemed nice. Nicer than the others, she's a manager for another unit."

"Okay, well eat your food and we will deal with it later"

She nodded before sighing as she sat down.

"What happened?" Cygnus asked.

"Nothing" Lyra muttered as she shoved a slice of gammon in her mouth.

"Why can't you tell us? Are you pregnant?" Mensa interrupted.

"Look, it's nothing to do with you!" Orion snapped.

"Okay, god" Cygnus's eyes widened and Mensa broke eye contact with Lyra.

"I'm sorry, it's just stressful" He explained.

"No don't apologise, I shouldn't of asked" Mensa murmured under her breath.

Orion and Lyra finished their meals and stood up from the table.

"Wait I need to do something" Lyra swiftly ran off, Orion chasing close behind.

"What are you doing?" Orion grabbed her arm.

"Going to get a computer pass?"

"Why?"

"I want to search my brother, see if I can find something" she explained.

He nodded and followed after her into the library, the colony library was huge. Filled with so much knowledge and fiction.

"Computer pass please" Lyra smiled at the librarian.

"Name"

"Lyra, unit E"

The Librarian handed her the pass and both Lyra and Orion sat down at the desk.

Opening up the search tab and typing away Lyra googled her long lost brother.

"Wait What is the outside called?" Lyra asked, she had never asked this before. She just assumed it was the outside, not that there would be a City beyond those walls surrounding her.

"I'm not sure, Is there even a city anymore?" He asked

She shrugged and walked over to the librarian again.
"Sorry but do you know the closest city's name?"

"Oh, I think it's called Garcia, the name always changes"

"Thank you"

Lyra ran back over to the computer and typed 'Elliot of Garcia"

"Do you think it'll work?" Orion glared over at her screen in wonder.

"I don't know"

A whole list of addresses and names popped up on her screen. "Now which one is my brother?" She asked.

"How will we know?" Orion asked.

"I guess we look at pictures? I mean we must look alike."

They scrolled through pictures for what felt like hours, none of these men looked anything like Lyra.

"Wait!" Orion shouted.

"What?"

He pointed to one picture on the screen, "he looks just like you"

'Elliot Ryan, graduated with a bachelors degree in law'

"Wow, law student" Lyra smiled, she was so proud even though she didn't know him. He was still her brother.

"Wow, he must have money, who are his parents?" Orion has asked many questions yet none really got a proper answer. Lyra was in her own world.

"Oh I think they are these guys" she pointed to some names at the bottom of the screen. 'Kira and Georgia Ryan'

"Two girls?" Orion gasped.

"Well what's so surprising? Girls can have families together too!" Lyra stated proudly.

Orions face red with embarrassment. "I know that"

"Anyways, lets go before they see what we are doing" she giggled before grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the library.

The corridors were quiet, almost silent. Lights out was in 40 minutes so most people would be in their pods.

"Come back to my pod?" Lyra smiled at Orion, they had to seem like they were procreating so they may as-well be together.

He nodded and they began to walk to lyra's pod.

Upon arrival they laid down on the bed, more tired as ever.
Lyra felt her hand still squeezing orions.

"Sorry" she pulled her hand away.

Orion grabbed her hand again. "Don't apologise"

Lyra wanted to kiss him but she couldn't. She knew how much trouble he would get in and how dr Sykes would do anything to make Lyra do what he pleased, even if that meant hurting Orion.

Lyra shot up out of the bed and ran to the door, pushing it shut and pulling down the blind.

"What are you doing?" Orion raised his eyebrow.

Lyra turned around to face him, chuckling, her cheeks red. "Just getting a bit of privacy"

Orion smiled before Lyra climbed back into bed and threw herself on top of him. She thought about it and technically they were doing as asked by the colony, to procreate and no body knew it affection was taking place.