Part 11

Lyra awoke at 7, she bathed herself and got ready for her breakfast.

She sat patiently at the table awaiting Sabrina's arrival.

"Morning Lyra!" Sabrina walked through the door with a tray of porridge and fruit.

"Morning" Lyra smiled.

Sabrina sat down with her as she ate her food.
"Don't take the laxatives yet, wait two days before the insemination."

Lyra nodded. "What's it like on the outside?" She asked.

"well, it used to be beautiful. But after the war the world has crumbled to pieces. The city of Garcia, it has been protected from the toxins in the air and rebuilt by the colony, the richest families and new generation live there whereas the city of Aiken was originally the old town. It is now full of crime and poor poor people. They're hardly surviving" she explained sadly.

"Where do you live?" Lyra asked, a mouth full of fruit.

"I'm Garcia, the colony provides all workers a discount on rent in the inner city. Many of the offspring that are purchased live there."

"So my babies would live there?"

Sabrina nodded.

"Okay, your tutors coming so hide your laxatives under your bed or somewhere." Sabrina picked up the empty tray and began to clear it.

"See you tomorrow." Lyra waved.

Sabrina smiled and shut the door behind her.

Lyras tutor did come, he helped her study and work out. It wasn't too bad, in unit E they had a gym and classrooms but now lyras confined to one room.

"Thats all for today." The tutor left swiftly, he didn't speak much and frankly seemed a bit frightened of Lyra, she's not sure why.

Lyra flopped back onto her bed, yawning. She missed Orion, missed cuddling him on a night, how he reassured her. She could really use that right about now.

The days past and Lyra built up her collection of laxatives hidden under her pillow.

Two days before the insemination dr Sykes came to visit her.

"Good afternoon Lyra!" He smiled.

Lyra sat down on the table next to him.

"I'm here to discuss your future."

"Okay." Lyra shrugged.

"I have three sperms we can use, I decided to let you choose which one you want." He giggled to himself.

"Thanks?" Lyra furrowed her brows at him with annoyance.

"First we have Elliot. Brown hair, green eyes, very tall and thin."

"Then we have Elijah, he's pretty buff, regular height. Blonde hair and perfect teeth."

"Finally, Dexter. Black hair, blue eyes. Tall for his age and very handsome. Every eligible sperm has high looks and stats, perfect for procreating"

Lyra flicked through the information trying to decide which boy would become the after of her children. She didn't want any of them, she wanted Orion.

"We don't have all day." He tapped his fingers on the table.

"Uhm, Dexter?" Lyra shrugged.

"Perfect! That's who I wanted you to choose!" He chuckled before walking out.

Lyra growled as he left, standing back up.
After he'd gone she grabbed every sachet or laxatives she had been gathering over the week. She poured them into a cup of water and mixed it.

She took a big gulp, making her gag at the taste but she had to drink it all.

She waited ten minutes for it to digest before calling for a medic but when a medic arrived it wasn't Sabrina, it was some man.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Where's sabrina?" Lyra asked puzzled.

"Off duty until the next hour. What's wrong?"

"Oh I don't feel good"

The medic checked her over and ran some tests. "Rest up and I'll come check on you tomorrow morning."

Lyra nodded and waved him off.
Where was Sabrina? And why was this man here?
Each procreator had a specific medic, not randomers.

She rested and slept until morning.

"Lyra it's morning"  a voice cherped in her ear.

She sat up to see the medic back again.

"How are you ?" He asked

"Still bad." Lyra fake coughed.

He took some more tests on Lyra before writing it all down.

"Just stomach problems, you'll be fine!" He smiled before leaving.

"No! I'm not!" She shouted but he'd already left

"Shit" she murmured.

Now she had no excuse not to be inseminated and Sabrina wasn't here to protect her. All she wanted was to see Orion, for him to hold her tight. Yet we don't always get what we want.

The next day was the insemination, the medic returned to give her breakfast and check her vitals.

"Looks like your ready! Let's head over to the surgery" he handcuffed her arms together and led her away.

Lyra tried not to cry but she was devastated.
They arrived and Lyra was sat down on a table, her legs placed into stirrups.

"Morning" doctor Sykes entered the room in surgery uniform.

"Please don't do this" Lyra sobbed.

"It's okay we are gonna give you some gas." He placed a mask over her face and turned on the gas.

Her eyes began to droop and everything went black.