Part five

"What do you mean brother on the outside?" Mensa asked, her face glaring at Lyra with confusion.

"I don't know, the man he said he's called Elliot now he's bought but it was Leo in the colony" Lyra whipped away her tears.

"As if, this is crazy" Mensa scratched her head, both of them were baffled with the situation.

"Do you think he knows I exist?" Lyra asked hopefully.

Mensa frowned. "I don't think so lyra"

Lyra looked down at the floor and shook her head. "Obviously he doesn't, I'm ridiculous"

"Your not ridiculous!" Mensa rubbed lyra's arm, a reassuring look in her eye.

"Look let's focus on the transfer thing?" Mensa led Lyra to the bed, sitting both of themselves down.

"God I forgot about that" Lyra held her head in her hands.

"They want to move me because my offspring will cost more if the procreator has higher genes and they can't find that in unit E" she explained.

"But you grew up here, they've never transferred people. Colony rules!"

"That's the catch, the man is the owner and founder of the colony!"

Mensa gasped, in all her years in the colony she had never even heard of someone meeting the mysterious man behind the colony.

"You met him?" She asked.

Lyra nodded. "Shit!" Her expression changing rapidly.

"What is it?" Mensa asked.

"Orion! Those men took him!" Lyra jumped up and began to leave the pod.

Mensa grabbed her arm and quickly pulled her back. "You shouldn't even be in my pod let alone out in the corridors after lights out. You know there is patrol and you can get in serious trouble!"

Lyra sighed with doubt and regret. "I've put him in danger, I never wanted to do that to my friends"

"You haven't done anything, those wicked men did this to both of you! We are all victims!" She proudly but quietly preached.

Lyra rolled her eyes. "I need to go to my pod before patrol come past yours."

Mensa nodded before grasping hold of Lyra and squeezing her tight.

"I love you" she whispered in lyra's ear.

"I love you too."

Slyly Lyra tip toed back to her pod, it wasn't too far from Mensa's but the corridors were narrow and patrol could of been around any corner.

Finally she made it to the pod, hoping the sound of the door opening wouldn't alert anyone she flashed her wristband under the scanner and quickly pounced through the opening.

Throwing herself under the covers and panting to catch her breath. That's when she heard a noise from outside her pod, the sound of heavy footsteps. It didn't sound heavy enough to be more than one person but she stayed quiet and faced the wall as she laid there, pretending to sleep.

She heard her pod door swiftly slide open, followed by two sound of the same heavy feet stepping into the room. Lyra's heart was in her stomach, she was terrified. Maybe someone on patrol heard her conversation with Mensa and was coming to punish her.

Remaining in the same position she felt the covers shift slightly as a warm stiff body slid in next to her, wrapping its arm around her waist.

She turned around in absolute horror, Ready to scream at the slightest noise, to see Orion.

"Oh my goodness!" She gasped, wrapping her arms around him.

"Shh!" He whispered.

She nodded, the grin on her face growing even more.

"What happened? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'll tell you in the morning, for now rest" he grinned, cuddling up to her.

Morning arrived and when Lyra awoke she was no longer in bed with Orion. The covers had moved and there was an empty space where he should of been resting.

"Orion?" She whispered.

That's when a head popped up from around the corner of the bathroom door. "Morning!" He smiled.

Lyra chuckled and slid out of bed, pulling on her top and bottoms like most days.

"So, what did happen last night?" She asked.

Orion came and set next to her on the side of the bed. "I spoke with the Dr Sykes guy about half an hour after he took me. He told me I needed to impregnate you or I was going to be terminated because I was no use of the colony."

Lyra gasped, tears begging to form in her grey eyes.

"He also told me that you were leaving the unit, this meant I wouldn't see our child when it was born because your being transferred one day before your due date. After that they told me if the birth was successful and the child was purchased as promised I would live and be promoted in status."
He shrugged.

"This is disgusting!" Lyra's eyes forming more and more tears as she spoke.

"I know, they then took me back to the pods. Warning me yet again about impregnating you, suggesting I stay the night. I wasn't going to procreate with you again out of the blue, I wouldn't do that against your will and consent." He broke eye contact.

"You know I have to consent right? It's how the colony works, and it means you would die!" Lyra wrapped her arms around Orion once again.

He kissed her forehead before sighing. "I don't want you to have to loose another child and me be involved, it's not right"

"It's not right, I know but if it saves your life I'll do it! It's not the first time, I'm sure I can do it again!" Lyra reassured him.

"Please don't make me do this, I don't even know if living is worth it anymore" he sighed.

"I know this place is cruel and disgusting but we need to stick together!"

Orion smiled trying to reassure his friend that everything was fine but deep down he couldn't do it. How could he? Put his bestfriend through another pregnancy which ends with the loss of your child.

What was to do, other than ending it, himself.