Chapter 1: Random Encounter

(F/N)- Fake Name

"Well done, (F/N), for defeating me. Now I see what that old man sees. Now, run along, child." Agitha's says, congratulating me. 'Now all I have left is the leader of the Pokémon League' I thought to myself. After all this time I spent training my team in secret while working as a Team Rocket grunt forcefully by my dad, all for this, for this moment. It felt satisfying.

The door behind Agitha opens, ready for my final challenge. I take the time to heal my team from the tough battle. They battled hard for me, and I thanked them for doing so. Honestly, I feel like my Pokémon are the only ones who understand me sometimes. First, my dad, who forced me into becoming a Team Rocket grunt. Then people not seeing the true struggle that I go through. I walk to the other side of the door, there I see him, Lance himself.

"So I see you've made it this far," He says in a low, somewhat raspy tone, "You know, we don't get challengers as often anymore. Good to know that there are still daring trainers like you around." He continued.

"T-Thank you. And yes, I believe it's a reason to be glad." I stutter out.

"So, you're the one they call (F/N)?" He says as I nod, "Very well then. Show me what you've got. Let's see how you fare against the leader of the Elite Four and my army of dragons!" He says as he sends out his Dragonite.

"Go, Venusaur!" I say as I send out my long-time partner, Venusaur.

~Timeskip after the battle because I suck at describing them~

"Well done, (F/N). You did well. I see why you're in every conversation. Say, want to go somewhere this weekend. I understand if you wouldn't like to, after all, we just met-"

"No, in fact, I would like that." I interrupt.

"Oh. Well, thank you. See you in a couple." He says as I walk inside the Champion's Chamber, to challenge the Champion, Blue.

337 Words