Chapter 9: Advantages

(A/N: Credit to the artist of this chapter's cover)

"Heh. So you finally told him huh?" Said someone who I recognized. Lance and I looked up and saw Petrel and my mother. We got out of our position, blushing madly. I don't know about his, but mine went away almost instantly.

"What are you doing here?!" I said, getting Beedrill's Poké Ball ready.

"Aww! Sweet little (Y/N) found themselves a boyfriend. I assume they've told you everything?" Asked Petrel.

"They did! And I'm not letting you people bring any more harm to Kanto, Johto, or them!" Lance said, getting ready to attack as well, Poké Ball in hand.

"We're not here to cause trouble. Just to give you this!" Said my mother, jumping down from the tree they were at, and gave me a paper, "Get it right next time." She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You people thinking it was Celadon City. Wouldn't that be too obvious?" She asked, as Petrel and her walking off.

"Wait... that means they might be attacking Blackthorn City!" Lance said, sending out his Dragonite. I sent out my Pidgeot.

"With the unbreakable bond between you and I, we ascend new heights! Pidgeot, Mega Evolve!" I said, mega evolving Pidgeot.

"Dragonite! Help us please!" He said, sending out his Dragonite.

"Pidgeot, fly to Blackthorn City and help if needed!" I ordered my Pokémon. It let out a cry of understatement and went for Blackthorn City. Lance and I got on Dragonite and headed for Blackthorn City.

"Wait, so your mother is a Team Rocket Grunt, correct?" Asked Lance

"Yeah, the main reason I was a part of the team," I said.
____________

When we got there, Pidgeot was fighting with what seemed to be Clair's Dragonair. There were some grunts that were battling against the two Pokémon. We landed next to the gym, where Clair was giving commands to her Dragonair. Then, I saw that the grunts had bags full of Poké Balls.

"Release the hostage Pokémon now!" Yelled Clair.

"Not unless you give us your Pokémon!" Said the grunt.

"Let go of the Pokémon now or we'll have to take them by force!" I said, getting ready to command Pidgeot.

"If it isn't the Champion of Kanto (Y/N)! Or (F/N)! My mistake!" Said the grunt, sarcastically putting his hand over his mouth.

"What does he mean by (Y/N)?" Asked Clair.

"Long story. Pidgeot, Agility now!" I ordered. The opposing Pokémon used Rock Throw, which it dodged with ease.

"Dragonite! Hyper Beam!" Ordered Lance. It hit the grunt's Hitmonlee. The Pokémon seemed oddly familiar to Bruno's Hitmonlee. He threw the bag of Poké Balls he had to the floor. All three of us went to investigate. Dumbly, they had put labels on all of the Poké Balls. 15 of the Poké Balls had the names of Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, and their Pokémon.

"These are the Poké Balls of the rest back home!" Noticed Lance, as he got his phone and dialed all three of the members back home.

"Lance! All of our Pokémon have been stolen from us! Please help us find them!" Said Lorelei, worried for the safety of her Pokémon.

"Don't worry! We've retrieved all of your Poké Balls! We'll be sure to return them safely!" I reassured them.

"Thank you all!" Said Bruno and Agitha, in sync.