Chapter 15: All Stronger Together, Aren't we?

"Damn, your Pokémon are quite impressive. Going up a Pokémon like Zekrom, quite rubbish..."

I stood there staring at the cloaked man. What can lead a human to do such things? I tried to shake off the thoughts, but they kept bugging me no matter how much I tried to let then go.

"Shadow Ball!" I ordered. With its high speed, it started getting close enough to the legendary.

"Bolt Strike!"

The two Pokémon lashed back and forth at each other, neither of them being able to hit each other. One attack after another, my headache got worse. But Lance was at my side, and so were the two children.

"Ngh!" I grunted, holding my forehead with more strength. When I tried looking up to the battling Pokémon, I was able to distinguish my Alakazam getting hit. My vision was blurred immensely. Am I connected to it somehow? How come this doesn't happen when it's not Mega Evolved? I, of course, wasn't getting any answer to my questions, only concerned words from Lance and the two children we took for this mission. I was in too much pain and question to even bother responding to their concerns.

"A-Alakazam..."

"(Y/N), please! You shouldn't speak now, save it for later," Said the redhead. I nodded at him. He gave me a confident stare, at least an attempted one. I could tell he was concerned, but I appreciated the effort he put in the expression.

"Okay, this is the only time I'm letting you speak. Do you think Alakazam will listen to me if I command it? I do know all of its moves unless you changed it somehow," I could hear him ask me. Unable to speak, I simply nodded.

~3rd Person~

"Alakazam! Can you hear me?" Asked Lance to the Psi Pokémon. Alakazam nodded in understatement.

"Good! (Y/N)'s injured, so you're gonna have to listen to me!" The caped man looked at the one with the cloak, then to the Deep Black Pokémon, "Ice Punch!" He ordered. Alakazam was confused, only being used to the voice of its master to command it. It looked at (Y/N), who had the side of their head against their lover due to the pain. They gave it the eyes they do when reassuring the ones they love. Alakazam smiled at its trainer, then looked at Lance and nodded.

The Mega-Alakazam looked ahead at its opponent. Using its psychic prowess, it seemed to have moved from one side of the battlefield to the other in a heartbeat. It managed to hit the Zekrom after a couple of attempts.

"How is the Pokémon listening to you when you're not even its trainer?!" Asked Ghetsis, seeming to go insane. The Pokémon seemed to have taken quite a lot of damage, being super effective on it that is. 'What the hell are they thinking?!' thought Ghetsis.

"If you haven't noticed already, we're only getting started," said the Champion. They were still weak, but managed to gather all the strength they could to get up, with Lance's help of course.

"God, I hate people like you, Champion of Kanto. Disgusting..."

~Meanwhile at the Team Rainbow Rocket Castle~

"I got it!"

"W-What happened?" Asked Lillie.

"I got the Poké Ball mechanism to work! Now, I can send over the rest of the Pokemon to the helpers!" Colress exclaimed happily, "Now I just need to get it working properly and-" the scientist was interrupted by some sort of static sound coming from his device.

"What's going on?!" Asked Lucamine's daughter. She backed up from where Colress was standing, wanting to avoid the sparks of electricity coming out of his invention. Suddenly, a loud bursting sound came out of it, causing Colress to drop it. Next to it was a Poké Ball, the ones that the four weren't able to take with them. One of them randomly floats up in the air and disappears.