Chapter 2: Friendship Boost

A/N): Idk why I put that picture for the chapter lol

Wow. Did I just get asked out by the hottest Elite Four member?! Even though I only spent 30 minutes at the least with him, I think I'm starting to develop feelings for him. But probably because he's cute.

~Timeskip to the Meeting~

I was sitting where we agreed to meet, which was at a bench in the middle of Celadon City. He was late for a couple of minutes. 'He is the leader of the Elite Four. I'm surprised I finished my shift before him. I am the champ-'

"Oh my gosh! It's the (F/N)! Can you give me your autograph?!" Someone says as they interrupt my thought process.

"Of course!" I say as I get out my pen for emergencies.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" Said the fan.

"Of course! Anytime!" I respond as I see Lance make his way to me. I feel my face heat up. 'No, not now!' I internally yell to myself.

"Hello." He spoke

"H-Hey," I spoke nervously.

"You know, I'm still impressed that you defeated me. It's been a while since that last happened." He said while smiling. Yes, smiling.

"I was impressed myself. I spend a lot of time training my team, it was worth all those battles, all of those losses," I say as I remember each time I would run away from the base, just to train my Venusaur, Jolteon, Rapidash, Pidgeot, Alakazam, and Beedrill, "I'm blessed to have them as my companions." I end off.

"All of your Pokémon seems in complete sync with you while batteling me. How long have you been with them?" He asked.

"Since I was young. Man, I still remember when Beedrill was a small Weedle. How scared it was of me when I first met it. You see, it was abandoned by its previous trainer
I found it hiding in a small shed while I was walking home after a day out with some of my friends. It was my first Pokémon as well."

"Ahh. I see that your Jolteon has a scar on its leg. Where did it get it from?" He continued to ask.

"Jolteon got that when it got hurt very badly when it was still an Eevee. It was batteling against a Team... R-Rocket member. It got hit with a psycho cut on the leg."

"I see. These Pokémon are truly blessed to have a strong, caring, and loving trainer like you, (F/N)." Lance says after me blabbering stories about my Pokémon.

"T-Thank you, Lance," I say as I blush and turn my head in the opposite direction.

"It's a simple truth. You know-" He's interrupted by a phone,

"Hello... Yes... What?!... On my way!"

"Lance, what's wrong?" I ask, concerned

"Something's going on in Mahogany Town in the Johto Region. I'm sorry, but I need to leave immediately."

"Alright. Well, be careful." I say. 'You sound like if he was your boyfriend!' I tell myself.

"I will, thank you. Shall we meet again?" He asked as he extends his arm.

"Yes, we shall," I say as we shake hands.

"Farewell," he says as he walks away a little, "Dragonite! Let's go!" He says as he takes out his Dragonite and hops on, "To Johto, quickly!"

539 Words