Chapter 3: Johto Battles

~Lance's POV~

'Finally! We found it.' I think to myself as me and my partner, Dragonite made our way to the entrance of Team Rocket's base here in Johto. I had teamed up with a trainer by the name of Ethan who agreed to help me. I'd also learned that he's trying to get all of the gym badges here. I signal my Dragonite to use Fire Punch. The wood covering the entrance to the base turns to ashes, and then we start to enter to figure out the cause of the radio waves being admitted near the Lake of Rage.

'That Red Gyarados, it wasn't acting normally. Was it forced to evolve because of that mysterious radio wave? I have to find the source!' I thought to myself as I ran through the main part of the Team Rocket base.

~Team Rocket Grunt's POV~

"Intruder detected in area 2!"

"Wait! Isn't that Lance?!" Said one of my coulees.

"Of the Elite Four?!" Said the third member in the room.

"Another intruder in area 5!"

"Ugh. Let's go deal with them!"

~Lance's POV~

Dragonite and I are running, making our way to the control room where the radio waves are being emitted. I hear other footsteps approaching. I felt myself near the control room when I see four grunts in me and Dragonite's way.

"Just as I thought Team Rocket. I'd heard you dispanded." I say. The green-haired individual chuckles and signals the rest of the grunts to send out their Pokémon. Being Team Rocket, this shouldn't be much of a disturbance. The four of them sent out a Magnemite, Grimer, Golbat, Raticate, and Houndoom.

"Dragonite breakthrough!" I ordered my partner. Dragonite endured the attacks coming from the opposing Pokémon, and attacks with a flamethrower.

We make it to the main control room. Where the main supply of the radio waves is stored, Electrode.

"They're using those Electrodes."

"So that kid was a diversion ey?" A purple-haired individual says as he throws his Poké ball slightly and chuckles, "Take this!" He said as he released a Weezing. It uses Clear Smog, which I assume is an attempt to distract us.

"Dragonite!" I say as I cover my mouth from the odor so I don't get it inside my mouth. My Dragonite uses Thunderbolt to faint the Weezing.

"Your entire operation is finished here! Now leave!" I said in an effort to make him quit. He gave off a face of resistance. My Dragonite noticed so and tried to intimidate him.

"Dragonite, keep him busy," I ordered it. Dragonite nodded in understatement and kept the man occupied.

"Don't worry, we'll free you all shortly," I reassured the Electrode as Dragonite finished with the man and broke the machine that was generating the radio waves. The Electrode were freed.

"You need to escape quickly!" I tell the Electrode. They all smirk at each other and jump into the control room. I smirk in satisfaction along with them. 'Thank Arceus they're safe.' I thought to myself. After their entrance, the Electrode use thunderbolt on the man.

~While, in Kanto... (your POV)~

"Our region is blessed once again with a new champion! (F/N) has joined the Pokémon League as well as the Hall of Fame with her six faithful partners, Venusaur, Alakazam, Bedrill, Rapidash, Jolteon, and Pidgeot!" Televisions all over Celadon City said. I was coming home from the meeting I had with Lance. Or date, still don't know how to call it. Most likely not a date.

"(Y/N)! Why the hell are you on the TV all of a sudden?!" (A/N: (Y/N) is when you put the name you want to be referred to as later on in the story.) My mom yelled at me when I came into the house. 'Great. Damn you, Arceus!' I thought to myself.

"Didn't you hear? I'm part of the Pokémom League." I tell her. I'm not afraid of my mother. A lot of people think I am because of all of the things that she did when my father was still alive.

"Is this why you were always absent for a lot of the meetings we had at base?!" She yelled back. 'Oh jeez. Here we go again.'

"Mom, you know well that this isn't something I do! Can't you just let me live?! I'm not your voodoo doll anymore!" I yell back.

"You know that the only reason Arceus was nice enough to bring you here is to serve Giovanni!" My mom says. 'Thank Mew that Blue runs the Viridian Gym now.' I thought.

"He can't even handle the defeat of a kid! He made the whole team go rogue. What makes him such a God to you?!"

"All of Kanto's Pokémon belong for our use! He's helping us make this world a better place! Open your eyes for once, (Y/N)!" My mom yelled at me.

"You open them! You realize you steal other people's Pokémon! You follow someone who tries and gives up. Is that what you think a God is?" I yell back.

"Damn it (Y/N). You don't seem to get it. But whatever. If you think that, okay. But if you try to sabotage Team Rocket, then I think you know what's coming." She warned me.

"As long as you and the others don't try to do something stupid, then I'm not doing anything," I said as I left the room. I lay flat on my back on my bed. I take off my belt with my Poké Balls and set it on a night table that's next to my bed. I suddenly hear a voice coming from it. Turns out my Beedrill got out on its own.

"Beedrill. What's up?" I ask it. It started rubbing its head against my cheek. "Heh. You're the only one who truly gets me, do you?" I told it. It just nodded and continued its thing. 'Lance was right.'

961 Words