Chapter 16: Rotten Apple in the Candy Apples

Two weeks had passed and the day was March 4th and that was the start to the second half of the season, the week prior, they had the week off and despite getting second place at regionals, the Abby Lee Dance Company automatically qualified for Nationals, but so did the Candy Apples because the two studios that placed first and second automatically qualified for Nationals and at the studio, Abby and Spencer were at the Pyramid as the girls and moms walked in and noticeably, Asia and Kristie weren't there. Abby and her son gave everybody the eye, but Kendall got glared at the most as Vivi was in Studio B helping a tap class.

"All right, let's talk about New York City aka The Big Apple." Abby briskly told everybody. "And we didn't take a bite out of anybody."

"We had a fantastic number and it looked like you had them eating out of the palm of their hand." Spencer added. "But we're mad that mom's rival beat us three out of the four times that we've faced off and you're noticing that Asia and her mother aren't here with us for this week because of an opportunity she has in Los Angeles, a professional job."

"Ok, let's start with pyramid and on the bottom..." Abby revealed the first headshot, which was Kendall's headshot. "Kendall, you didn't place at all, your solo was a disaster and you were the main cause on why the group got second. Maybe you wouldn't have been placing higher if you hadn't been crying like a drama queen like your mother is."

"I'm not a Drama Queen and neither--" Jill spoke, but Spencer cut her off.

"Shut it, Vertes! We're talking and when we talk, you listen and shut up! Moving on, next is..." Spencer revealed the next headshot, which is Mackenzie's headshot. "Mackenzie, do you get that Asia came in here, pushed you out the way, took over and everytime we entered her in a competition, she went on and won. We cannot say that about you."

"And then, we've got..." Abby revealed Nia's headshot. "Nia. How many times do you think Gianna and Spencer told you about straightening your back leg?"

"11 times?" Nia guessed.

"You got it."

Spencer revaled the next headshot. "Brooke, we thought you were an asset to the group, we thought you did your part well."

"Moving to the second row..." Abby revealed Maddie's headshot. "Maddie, you beat Zack, you beat Kendall, but you didn't beat Chloe."

"Next we got..." Spencer revealed Asia's headshot. "Asia, she won the overall mini with the high score of that division."

"Now we have..." Abby revealed the headshot of Paige. "Paige, we thought that you worked hardin the group, did that other dance teacher see something we didn't? Here's the thing, we want to yell at you and be the ones that fixes every flaw so when you go out into the real world, no one has a word to say because you're amazing and we're proud of you for sticking up for yourself when Cathy was talking negativly about you."

"And at the top..." Spencer revealed Chloe's headshot at the top of the pyramid. "Chloe, you did really fantastic, you had tough competition and you beat them, congrats on a job well done."

"We'll be heading to Masters of Dance Arts in Corapolis, Pennsylvania Paige, you have a solo. We also have a duet and doing the duet are the two number ones, Chloe and Maddie. Also, we're gonna do something different with the junior group, we're only gonna use four of you, which are Nia, Kendall, Chloe and Maddie. The routine will be called Oceans. Chloe, Maddie, you two will be doing a duet named Keeping Secrets." Spencer said as Maddie and Chloe hugged.

"Kelly, don't think we're excluding your kids, because Paige will be doing a solo this week called Ay Caramba, like the Bart Simpson catchphrase and Brooke, to us, it's about time you danced with with the Abby Lee Dance Company's senior team which means you'll be performing with the seniors and the name of that routine is called Riptide."