Unexpected Differs From Unexpected!

Jasmine kept on saying "Please, don't hurt me! I beg you" with that shivering tone and crying voice. The moving feet stopped one finger away from her.

He put his hands on her arms, made her stand up and wiped her tears but Jasmine was still closing her eyes and shivering. "Jasmine, Open your eyes" said the person. "What are you afraid of? And why are you here?"

The talking sound seemed familiar. She slowly opened her eyes to see that it was Nick! Although she felt relieved, she was wondering why Nick was there. He offered to walk her home. She kept quiet half the way back.

But soon she realized that her phone is missing. She remembered it dropping at that cemetery. "My phone is still there. I'm back for it!" she said while running back to the graveyard.

He followed her for the second time. She could see nothing as it was really dark there. Nick used his small flashlight- he always kept in his pocket- to help her find the mobile phone. Jasmine searched there and there and here it was. Near someone's grave .

She bent to grab it but she now sees a bunch of flowers .It was purple as the same that was sent to her. But she was sure that there wasn't any  flowers when she went on ground while Nick was approaching her. The flowers incident made her forget to read the name on that grave.

They walked back home. But this time she asked Nick why he followed her. He told her that he was near her house at his friend's place and while he was on his way home ,he saw her coming out of her house and her face could tell that she was either astonished or afraid or both. He kept on calling her name more than once but she didn't respond. So he had no other choices but to follow her.

They were about to reach home when it started raining. It was unexpected as the sky was clear despite its darkness.

Unexpected differs from unexpected! Unexpected rain is not that surprising but what was surprising is they not getting wet! They remained dry as if someone was carrying them an umbrella! They were carrying nothing but Nick's flashlight and Jasmine's phone. What was that! Nick certainly was way more surprised than Jasmine who showed less signs of surprise.

They looked to each other with a big question mark on their faces. Nick extended his arm to see if he might get wet and he did! The rain suddenly stopped. They continued walking without uttering one word!

He thought that Jasmine had superpowers or something like that. While Jasmine thought that it might be the appearing girl. But why protect Nick as well. Could it be that he could see ghosts too? Or was it just cause he was with her? She was no certain that it was the girl but no other conclusions she could reach.

Reaching the nearest bus stop to her house, she insisted on Nick to leave saying that she could go home safe and on her own. He agreed on one condition which was that she calls him when she arrives. Getting on the bus, he saw her walking in the opposite way until he could no more see her. She wasn't afraid to go home alone although it was really late that night. She, for real, had a hard-core heart but why was she afraid at the cemetery, she kept asking herself.