03

After what seemed like months of packing and tear-shedding, Annika finally landed in the USA. There was excitement brimming in her veins at the prospect of discovering this brand-new country, laid out for her like a buffet. After finishing the customary immigration process and collecting all her luggage, she made her way towards the exit of the airport. She remembered what Shivaay looked like but wasn't too sure if he would recognize her. After a few minutes of searching, when she still couldn't find him, she started to slightly panic. What were the chances he would actually come to pick her up, anyway? Like an idiot, she had also forgotten to take his number despite her father's constant reminders. Annika was almost about to give up hope when he appeared. He looked older of course. He had a stubble now, and his hair was gelled up immaculately. Spotting her, he strode over, pushing forward the trolley he was holding.

"Hey, sorry it took me long," He said, already loading her suitcases onto the trolley. "Couldn't find a trolley that worked properly."

"It's alright," Annika mumbled, feeling very awkward. Thankfully for her, he didn't try making small talk throughout their whole journey. It was only when they reached her campus that he spoke again.

"Call me if you need any help, alright?" He said, authoritatively like he was so much older than her. Annika hated being treated like a little girl. "Do you have my number?"

"Yep," Annika lied, taking hold of her suitcases and moving towards the campus gate. She didn't think she would need his number, really. "Thanks."

"No problem," He replied. "See you around."

Annika only gave him a nod before disappearing inside the campus.