10

He had grown more handsome over the years, if possible. He looked like an adult now—well, he was a proper adult now, 25 years old. His beard covered half of his face and made him look like something out of a magazine. In his plain-white shirt and black suit, Shivaay Singh Oberoi attracted the attention of every woman he passed by. Some men, too.

"Shivaay, my boy, it's so good to see you," Harshvardhan Trivedi said with a bright smile as he hugged the younger man.

"Great to see you too, uncle, aunty," Shivaay said, bending down to touch their feet. He did one of those secret men's handshake with Sahil, before finally turning to Annika and offering her a smile that reached his eyes.

"Congratulations on graduating, Annika," He said, extending his hand for her to shake. "Heard you were valedictorian?"

"Well, yeah," Annika shrugged, embarrassed. "And thank you."

As the five of them started walking around and trying out the different snacks, Annika couldn't help but steal glances at Shivaay. It was stupid of her to think that her crush wouldn't resurface, especially now that he looked so much...hotter. Not for the first time, Annika regretted her decision to stop talking to him, all those years back.

"Hey."

Hearing the voice just behind her, Annika turned around with a start. She realized she had strayed a little away from the family, and Shivaay had followed her there.

"Hi," She breathed out. He had a very intoxicating, male scent around him that was making her slightly breathless.

"Look," He started, scratching the back of his neck and looking almost nervous, "I know we haven't really talked in years but...do you want to, um, catch up? I'm here for the weekend and so are you guys so..."

"Sure," Annika replied. "Sure."

"Great," Shivaay smiled widely. "Tomorrow? Wired Puppy?"

The same café they had last met at, 3 years back. Annika smiled.

"Wired Puppy. 5 PM," She said with a nod.

As the graduation dinner came to an end and she hugged her friends goodbye, all Annika could think of was her date with him tomorrow.