06

It started small. He texted her the next day asking if she had reached college safely, and she apologized for not having met him before leaving. Annika thought it would be the end of the conversation when he said it was okay, but to her surprise, he went on.

I loved the gift, by the way.
Thank you :)

Before she knew it, they were talking about her college, what life was like in Harvard, and how much they missed home. Annika couldn't fathom why someone like him, a rich fourth-year student from Harvard who was no doubt as handsome as they came, was interested in talking to her. She wanted this silly crush that was gnawing at her insides to go away but the constant texting, with him sounding so genuinely interested in her life, really wasn't helping. It's not like they flirted, but a simple 'good luck' text from him when she had a test was enough to make her tummy go wild with butterflies and all sorts of animals. Whatever it was, Annika knew her crush was escalating too fast, and she was hoping that their interaction would be limited to only messages, till he would leave Boston and forget all about her existence.

That was until he asked her if she wanted to have coffee with him on Sunday.