12

Dating Shivaay was like something out of a Wattpad romance novel. He was more perfect than Annika could have imagined, and life was happier than ever—she had started loving her new college, work was going great, and she was falling more in love with Shivaay with every passing day. They had been together for four months now, sneaking out for dates and stealing kisses here and there, but none of them had said those 'three words' yet. When he did say it, it was so sudden that it took Annika a while to understand.

The Oberois had a farmhouse on the outskirts of Mumbai, and Shivaay took her there often to spend some quality time without any disturbance. On a normal Sunday evening, both of them sat cuddling on the sofa, watching a movie they were least interested in while talking amongst themselves.

"Alok Sir was saying that I have a great eye for good writing and might be getting a promotion soon," Annika said, her head resting on his chest. It was raining outside, and they had turned off the lights inside the house, making the ambiance very romantic. "Do you think I'll be able to open my own publishing business someday, Shivaay?" She asked, looking up at him. He kissed her forehead.

"I do, baby. But do you believe you can?"

"Of course. I have complete faith in myself," She said with a smirk, raising an invisible collar.

"And that's why I love you so much," Shivaay smiled, placing a soft kiss on her lips. Annika froze.

"L-love me?" She asked, gaping at him.

"More than you can imagine," He said, and proceeded to kiss her again. It was only when they were forced to come up for air that Annika was able to say it back.

"I love you, too," She mumbled against his lips.

"I know," Shivaay replied softly.

At that moment, Annika thought she had reached the pinnacle of happiness.