14

It was only a few weeks later that Annika came to know how everyone had found out about their secret relationship. Shivaay mentioned it off-handedly during a dinner date and regretted it the moment he said it seeing Annika's deathly glare. Apparently, he had a photo of her kept in his bedside drawer, one that he sometimes liked to gaze at before sleeping. One day, Rudra had come into the room when Shivaay wasn't around, looking for his charger, and discovered the photo. Of course, instead of confronting Shivaay about it, he had directly gone and told both the families, delighted that their doubts had been right.

"Stupid Singh Oberoi," Annika snapped, "Do you know how embarrassing it was for me to face mummy-papa after going back home?"

"Well it all worked out fine, didn't it," Shivaay said, placing his hand on top of hers. It had worked out more than fine, actually. Annika had been wrong to think that her parents wouldn't be okay with her dating. In fact, her parents had been elated that she had chosen Shivaay, who in their eyes was the perfect man they could ever find for their daughter.

"They're still expecting us to get married soon, though," Annika grumbled. Shivaay brought her hand to his lips and kissed the back of her palm.

"We're not getting married until you're absolutely ready, okay?"

Annika smiled. He really was perfect.