Chapter 6 - The Prince and his gift

Chapter 6

“Who would want to celebrate your birthday? You’re just an annoying president. No one really likes you here. Just go back to the country where you from!”

                “Yeah, you just ruined our life here! Just go back!”

                 “Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back! Go back!”

I woke up from that horrible dream of mine. Yeah and today is August 17… My birthday… why of all days should I have a bad dream?!

               “Good morning, chums… happy birthday! Look, look! Mom baked you a yummy cake.” Mom greeted with full of energy. “Umm, did something happened, honey? You looked so depressed” she said as she saw my dreadful face.

                   “Nothing, Mom... I’d just had a nightmare” I said, and drank a glass of water.

                   “Ah, that so? Well, cheer up, honey, today is your day!” Mom cheered me up.

That’s right, today is my birthday and it’s my first time celebrating it here… I just hope that dream of mine won’t come true…

                   I went to school hoping that my dream will never happen coz as the saying goes dreams are always the opposite of what will happen…

But as I entered the classroom … I know I shouldn’t expect that everyone will know that it’s my birthday today. But why is it that no one knows about it?!!!

I went to my place and greeted Tricia a good morning… but even a single happy birthday I didn’t hear it from her… it’s not bad to expect from my best friend right? But why even her? Ah, I’m so depressed, I should have just slept more to revise my dream…

Then Kevin entered the room… Well, about him, he already went to school since last week . . . he said he already solved his problem about his father. He asked his relatives on his father’s side to take care of his father for a while, that’s why he went to province.

Ah! He’s looking at me… don’t tell me he remembered that it’s my birthday today… Ah! No, tell me!

But he also turned away his look. You idiot! Don’t keep my hopes up!!! Ugh, this day sucks! I can’t just tell it’s my birthday on the actual day! Ahh, I have no chance…. I’m really doomed. I want to cry.

Then the chime rang…

The class went well… like a normal day. In the end no one remembered that it’s my birthday today… I left the school alone… but I felt like I don’t want to go home yet. I wandered around the town, I went everywhere my feet bring me… and when I got tired I rest on the swing at the play ground.

***

Meanwhile at home…

                    “Aunty, Caire’s not home yet” Tricia and my other classmates are at our house preparing for a birthday party…

                    “You’re right, it’s already 10pm. That child I wonder what gotten to her” Mom said.

                     “Maybe she got depressed because we pretended that we don’t know that it’s her birthday today” Anne said

                      “She maybe got lost… she’s not really familiar here after all”

                     “Or she ran away, wandering, thinking that everyone forgot her birthday and she falls into an accident. Well, Kevin’s not yet here too.” Joe exaggerated