Wrong Birthday

YN POV

A few days have gone by, and Teruhashi hasn't bothered me or Kusuo. I guess what he said really did get through to her. As I was walking through the halls, I all of a sudden get pulled into a classroom with my mouth covered so I wouldn't scream. As soon as I was released I got into a fighting position and scoped the room. It was Kaido, Aren, Yumehara, Mera, and Hairo. I quickly relaxed.

YN:What the hell you guys? Almost gave me a freakin heart attack.

Kaido:Sorry YN. We were trying to be secretive about this. We're trying to plan Saiki's birthday party?

YN:Huh?What the fuck is he talking about?

Kaido:Yea. Saiki's birthday is tomorrow. I thought you would know...

YN:Dude what is Kaido talking about? Kusuo's birthday isn't until August.

Kaido:I bumped into Saiki's mom a few days ago and she was telling me how his birthday was coming up

YN:(face palms)How the hell did Kurumi mix up her husband's birthday with her son's

Aren:Yea so we were planning a surprise party for him. We already have everything set up. We just need you to bring him without causing any suspicion. You can do that right?

YN:Uuuuh

Kaido:Great! Now listen the party is tomorrow. So after class you're going to bring Saiki to my house so we can hang out, and then when you there, it'll be dark. I'll flip the switch and Aren and Mera will set off some party crackers and we'll all shout "SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", Yumehara will bring out the cake and it'll be awesome. Now did everyone get a present?

Hairo:I made him a wooden Buddha statue

YN:Why?

Yumehara:Teruhashi was supposed to help me but bailed out last minute...

YN:(sweat drop)Gee I wonder why

Yumehara:So I'm going to make his head into a cake

YN:It does look good even though I'd be eating my boyfriends severed head

Kuboyasu:Well me and Mera came up with the idea of making video card with all of his acquaintances.

Kaido:Wow. This kinda makes my gift look kinda lame. All I did was write him a letter.

YN:(sighs)Finally. Something normal.

Yumehara:Oh that's so sweet! Read it to us.

Kaido:Oh I couldn't

Hairo:Aw c'mon man. We're dying to hear it

Kaido:Alright fine

So Kaido reads his letter about how much he appreciates his and Kusuo's friendship and how he values all of the memories they've created together. I was almost moved to tears it was so sweet. Looking at this now, I can't tell them that they got Kusuo's birthday wrong. They've already put so much time and effort into it, I don't wanna make them feel bad for getting the day wrong. I guess I'll just have to tell Saiki to roll with it.

Next Day After Class

I was packing up when I realized I haven't seen Kusuo all day. Just as I was about to use my clairvoyance to locate him, I hear Kaido and Aren scream.

Takahashi:Yea Saiki went home early.

YN:That sneaky little jerk

Kuboyasu:What are we going to do now?