"I missed you"| Troy Otto

You were in the infirmary waiting for your boyfriend, Troy, to come home to the ranch. He was at the border compound searching for supplies and resources.

He had been there for weeks now and being here alone gets boring, so you like to spend your time in the infirmary helping people.

In college you were training to be a nurse. Although you didn't get to finish your last year because of the outbreak.

You knew your way around the basics and some of the extremes of being a nurse. So helping people is what you loved to do most.

you we're speaking to a little boy called Henry, who had come down with the stomach bug.

"How are you feeling now Henry?" You ask the boy politely and give him a smile.

"I feel better after getting medicine!" Henry mumbled, showing signs of exhaustion.

"That's good, if you start feeling different please tell one of us!" You say quickly feeling his forehead for his temperature.

"I will." he smiles a little.

"Good boy! Get some rest for now." You walk away, to go and put your folder down on a table.

"Hey John I'm going on lunch break!" You say.

"Okay Y/N I'll take care of everything here!" He nods.

"Thank you." You exit the infirmary and start walking towards the cafeteria, When you notice a truck that shouldn't be back for at least another week you start to panic and change course of direction.

You stop outside of Jeremiah's two story house. You hope everyone's okay.

You slowly step up onto each stair making sure not to trip. Your in front of Jeremiah's door and you don't waste a second to knock on the door.

"Come in!" You hear the old man's voice.

You open the door, poking your head in first. Instantly spotting Troy who was standing in front of his father's desk with an injured eye.

"Troy!" You walk up to him and pull him into a hug. He was a lot taller than you so your head just passed his shoulder.

He wraps his arms around you and lifts you off the ground. "Hey beautiful! I missed you so much!" He whispers in your ear.

"I missed you too!" He puts you down gently. Now taking more notice to him worry settles in the pit of your stomach.

"Troy what the hell happened to your eye?" You grab his chin forcing his eyes. Well eye, to make contact with your eyes.

"Don't worry I'll be fine!" He shrugs your question off.

"How can I not worry when your coming home with a new injury everytime?" You protest.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll let you look at it later!" Troy says.

You sigh knowing your not gonna get much out of him right now.

"Where were we troy? oh right uh the new people." Jeremiah asks

New people?

As much as you liked helping people you didn't like bringing in strangers. We've had issues with people we brought in took under our care, gave them food, water, shelter, even a bed to sleep on.

That still didn't seem to change people's mind about stealing then trying to get away with it.

You listen intently between the father and son.

"Well i guess we take them in for now see if the worthy, then let them choose if they wanna be here!" Jeremiah says. Troy sighs but none the less nods his head in understanding.