Chapter 4 - Music

"everybody get into groups of 5 or 6 and practise a song, then we will perform them later" explains Ms Wu. I look at Chris and we both nod and then get Four, Uriah and Zeke. The 5 of us are in kinda like a "garage band". We all play/sing and we decided to just jam out at my place every Wednesday, just for fun. I sing and play bass. Uriah plays lead guitar and Zeke plays 2nd. Chris is like the 2nd singer and she can play piano/keyboard, and of course Four plays the drums. 

When we get in a group we start talking about songs, when Nita comes up and says "hey guys what song are we doing?" Uriah pipes up "What do you mean we? It's just us" and then turns to us. "WHAT?" Nita screams! "Hey Nit, not now please just go join al, will and the girls." four says clamly but sternly. I smile at that but she huffs, mutters something under her breath and walks away.

"Okay I vote Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy and Foxes , I'll do Foxes and piano  and Tris can do Patrick!!!" exclaims a very excited Christina! 

"Sure but I need to find a bass guitar" 

"there in the back cupboard, third from the right" says Ms Wu as she walks past.

I go to the back and find a sweet looking bass guitar. Its jet black and just like mine. We start practising and we sound AMAZING! 

"The first group to go is, Albert, Will, Marlene, Lynn, Shauna and Nita. They are doing Taylor Swift’s Love Story!”

Al and Will are on guitars, Lynn gets the drums and Mar, Shauna and Nita are Singing.

They were really good! Except Nita CANNOT sing!!! She is terrible!!

More groups go before it’s finally our turn. Some were good, some were crap. (Crap… haha when I first said that everyone thought I was swearing but I explained it’s just another word for poo then they all laughed like crazy.)

Our group is last, and I’m kinda nervous, we’ve never actually performed before. Deep breaths.

(chris is bold, tris is normal, Both is italics)

I thought of angels

Choking on their halos

Get them drunk on rose water

See how dirty I can get them

Pulling out their fragile teeth

And clip their tiny wings

Anything you say can and will be held against you

So only say my name

It will be held against you

Anything you say can and will be held against you

So only say my name

If heaven's grief brings hell's rain

Then I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday

(I know I'm bad news)

For just one yesterday

(I saved it all for you)

Oh, I want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way

Still I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday

(I know I'm bad news)

For just one yesterday

(I saved it all for you)

For just one yesterday

Letting people down is my thing, baby

Find yourself a new gig

This town ain't big enough for two of us

I don't have the right name

Or the right looks  

But I have twice the heart

Anything you say can and will be held against you

So only say my name

It will be held against you

Anything you say can and will be held against you

So only say my name (name)

If heaven's grief brings hell's rain

Then I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday

(I know I'm bad news)

For just one yesterday

(I saved it all for you)

I want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way

Still I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday

(I know I'm bad news)

For just one yesterday

(I saved it all for you)

For just one yesterday

If I spilled my guts

The world would never look at you the same way

And now I'm here to give you all my love

So I can watch your face as I take it all away, away, away, ay ay ay

If heaven's grief brings hell's rain

Then I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday

(I know I'm bad news)

For just one yesterday

(I saved it all for you)

I want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way

Still I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday

(I know I'm bad news)

For just one yesterday

(I saved it all for you)

For just one yesterday  

I hold my breath, waiting for the reaction. 5 seconds go by and still nobody moved. Are we really that bad? Suddenly everyone erupts into cheers, EVEN ms Wu! Wow! Ssuddenly, the Principle Mr. Eaton. He’s Four’s dad, and he is really mean to four! He yells at him and tells him he’s useless. Anyway, Mr Eaton comes in and says; “That was great!” he turns to us with a sour look on his face. “The bass and drums were sloppy though.” Ughh he hates me too! ever since I became friends with four.  I turn to Four and laugh. “Really mr Eaton? Were we really Sloppy? Because everyone else seems to disagree with you. Everyone then simultaneously boos! “Tris! Four! My office now!” he yells! “Sorry mr. Eaton but no – can – do. They are my star students!” exclaims Ms Wu and she then pushes him out! Yes!

TIME LAPSE TO 3:30

At the moment, I am outside Al’s house. Waiting for him. Finally! he opens the door and I walk inside and we sit on the couch.

“okay Tris, I don’t know if you know this but I like you.” He pauses. “I like you as more than just a friend, and I was wondering if you would go out with me?” He gulps and looks at  me with pleading eyes. He is cute- ish. I don’t want to hurt his feelings, so I say “sure Al. I gotta go now, four’s waiting for me! Cya tomorrow!” I hear him mutter something about four being a bastard but I ignore it, give him a peck on the cheek and run out.