Chapter 4: Clash

Levi's POV

Gripping onto my cup of tea, I walked into my office. Once more, I couldn't sleep because the thought of her kept me wide awake. We haven't planned anything yet for future dates... so I just hoped I could see her again.

As I made my way towards my office, I heard her voice. Must've been in my head. "So... this Levi person is here?"

"He should be- oh look, he's now here." Erwin says, and I perked up. "Ackerman, you seem... late. Everything's good?"

When I saw him, Hanji was standing in front of him. This time, she was dressed in jeans and a light blue blouse. She adjusts her glasses, smiling. "Levi! Hah... I kinda grew worried."

"Um... one, everything is good. And two, worried for what?" I looked between them. Hanji began to smile, making her way towards me. Her hand entangled with mine, and I blushed. "H-Hanji..."

Erwin chuckled, shaking his head. "Hah. So this is the girl from 2 nights ago? I'm pretty surprised that... well... you're dating her."

Hanji chuckles as well, leaning closer towards me. "We're still in those... you know... beginning stages of dating... we are still knowing each other. And at least he's a gentleman."

"Gentleman? Hah. Levi's more like the quiet little bast-"

"I prefer quiet men over men who tends to be late." She says confidently. "He's actually someone who cares about being on time." 

Erwin remained silent for a few minutes, my guess is slowly putting the pieces together. "Wait... Hanji... 2 nights ago, were you supposed to meet a guy named E_Smith? On that dating app thingy?"

She looks up to the ceiling, "I... I believe so... why?"

"I was your date?!" Erwin's voice began to raise with anger; even his eyes began to burst into blue flames. "Levi, you're telling me that you met with my date and filled her with lies?! Huh?!"

"Technically I didn't. I didn't know she was your date. She didn't name names. I kinda put it together when you were talking about her ditching you and-"

"I was a few minutes late! I promised I was gonna be there! Traffic was just terrible, you know?"

Hanji sighed, turning towards my office. "Still... no reason to leave someone behind and keep delaying them over and over. To me, it seemed that you were simply avoiding me. And for your information, Erwin Smith, there was no traffic within a 5 mile radius from where I was. Don't try to lie to me. I always find new lies from someone who wants to avoid me." She then stomps off to my office.

I clicked my tongue in disappointment. I felt myself scowling at him- avoiding her? She's good. "Really Erwin? Avoiding her? Shame. Complete shame." I smirked and walked towards my office. Finally... something I can use against him whenever he does something idiotic. Now, I added that to my list to shame him for.

"Levi, don't you dare walk away like that-"

"Shut up, coward." I growled. "She deserves better than you." And as simple as that, I left him in awe and in somewhat pained.