Chapter 7: Working Alongside

Levi's POV

Turns out, Hanji stayed over for the night... and she convinced me to sleep alongside her. Completely embarrassed, I listened to her. I loved smelling her scented hair and kept her close. I loved her... and I never wanted to leave me at all. So that night, I called her my lover... and I am her boyfriend...

When I came to in the morning, she wasn't with me... but dressing up in fancy clothes- again. Her black skirt drifted down her legs and her long, white buttoned-up shirt. Her hair was messy, and yet, she still put up her hair in a high ponytail. She adjusts her glasses, looking towards me with a smile on her face.

"Hey Levi..."

I smiled brightly to her, "Morning, Hanji. Working or something?" I pointed to her outfit, groaning a bit. "I never really thought of you as the business-y type."

She chuckled softly, "Yeah... I'm down in the statistics area." She sat down on the bed, looking over to me. "Technically, I work under you now. How do you feel about that?"

"Y-You work under me?" 

Hanji nods, chuckling. "I also kinda transferred that day when I came up to surprise you. Like I said, I gotta keep my secrets. So, how about it? Me and you... working together... like that surprise?"

"You bet..." I smiled, continued to groan, pushing myself out of bed. "Come on, let's not waste any more time. You know how Erwin kinda got. He's a bit worse whenever people are late- so yeah, you ready?"

"I am ready, thank you for asking. The real question is: are you ready?" She says with a smirk. "Looks to me you're not even dressed and ready to go... like, not at all. Seems to me that I'm just waiting for you. Also! Can we stop by a coffee shop? I want some doughnuts and cream coffee and-"

I chuckled softly at her, "Alright, alright. Just... give me a bit of time. I'll be out in a few."

Her finger than boops me on the nose, giggling like a small child. "Fine... I'll wait for you." She steps out of the room and I was left all alone. Jeez, there's no way I can explain how I feel for her. She's childish, she's smart, she's a nerd, she's... perfect in my eyes.

*   *   *

She was busy drinking her coffee when we arrived at our workplace. The whole ride there -even to the coffee shop- I never turned the radio on to cover the awkward silence. Even though she chatted the whole time, I never regretted it at all. She always made these theories that were always so interesting and her overall thoughts of a certain subject.

But it was saddening when we had to part ways to the different offices... and I walked up to my office alone. Every once in awhile, Hanji popped up and made my day a bit better. Oh... I loved her. She was the best... 

I can never forget the look on Erwin's face as he saw how close we were getting. Heh... jealous boy. I have Hanji because I'm the better person for her. Hanji Zoe... that's my girlfriend... and my lover... I never want to lose her, after all... I am the greatest boyfriend to her. I revealed my greatest story to her... and she kept my secret so far...

Hanji... never leave me... and I promise that I will be the best man to you.