L

Latios and Latias: Ok, I'm going to describe these two together. This pair is a pokemon duo who can travel like jets even having an ability that can mimic the stealth mode of a fighter jet. In smash they are summoned separately but work quite similar, both of them flying around the screen like psychopathic suicide bombers damaging anyone who interrupts their streak. 

Lightning: An item from the Mario Kart series which strikes and shrinks all opposition ahead of you. In smash the rule changes a bit as it doesn't discriminate and strikes everyone.

Link: The hero of Hyrule and The Legend of Zelda series which incarnates every now and then into a boy dressed up as an elf. Is at an everlasting war with Ganondorf and a love feud with Zelda. Link usually wears green but he's interested in blue this year round. He wields the triforce of courage and has three versions in smash now but this is considered the original. He can't speak with words but he can grunt and scream randomly while swinging his sword. His final smash is him pulling out his ancient bow and shooting out an arrow at his opponents. According to Breath of the Wild lore, the arrow is an one hit kill on any enemy or being in the Legend of Zelda series. Which reminds me of a question. Why the heck don't the hyrulians use it on Ganondorf?!

Lip's Stick: A stick/ over sized flower that belongs to a girl. Strike it on an opponent and it will give them a flower hat that damages them overtime.

Little Mac: A short underdog boxer from the Punchout series. Is known for having the worst recovery of a character in one game and probably the most improved in another. One of Little Mac's gimmicks is that it has a KO gauge which fills up with damage dealt to the opponent to power a super powered attack. Little Mac's final smash is him transforming into a larger Little Mac called Giga Mac, which looks like him on drugs, who then pummels his opponents with several punches.

Living Room: Some dude's living room which has been broken in by Nintendo characters and used as a fighting stage. Is very aesthetically pleasing and a unique stage to say the least.

Lucario: The aura pokemon. Lives by the lyrics of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" as it's power increases as it's percentage does. However it takes giant risks of getting knocked out as sometimes it will purposely get beaten up just to raise it's power level. It's final smash is it evolving into Mega Lucario where it reaches max aura and all it's power and attacks are at the maximum.

Lucas: A young boy that takes the role of protagonist for Earthbound of the Mother series. Has a dark and depressing past that should not be stated as it is extremely sad. Lucas has psychic powers and uses pk energy to cast many spells. One of the most notable is PK Freeze which is not known for how powerful it is in it's original game but for how annoying it is as a move in smash. Works a tiny bit like Ness and his final smash is a faster and more aimed version of PK Starstorm.

Lucina: The fairer female version of Marth from the later installments of the Fire Emblem series. Is known for identity theft, time travel shenanigans and committing incest which is of a no way an attribute that a leader should have. Which is sad because she is one.

Lugia: Also known as Guardian of the Seas even though it is not water type, Lugia is an odd legendary pokemon. It is Ho-Oh's opposite dealing mostly with water instead of fire or the skies. It claims that it sleeps under the sea until  it's time comes even though we all know it can come out of a pokeball. This also makes Lugia a pokemon liar as it is not always as it seems.

Luigi: Mario's younger twin brother who often gets the spotlight stolen by his brother. This interesting character development has made him a fan favorite and increasingly depressed. It also gave him the past title of "Green Mario". Apart from being a plumber,  Luigi is also a ghost hunter and has ties  with the oddly supernatural. This has made him gain a very high fear rate and a larger bundle of depression. His final smash is him sucking everyone up in a vacuum and then shooting them out like a bazooka.

Luigi's Mansion: A mansion that Luigi apparently won through a fake lottery. It was a trap as the mansion was haunted by his ghosts roommates and the king of ghosts, King Boo who captured Mario in a painting. In smash the mansion is a breakable level with many levels to fight on. Maybe the most interesting thing about this mansion is that it costs millions and Luigi practically owns it, increasing his net worth.

Lunala: The legendary pokemon of the moon and is one of the forms that Cosmog can evolve into. Has a third eye that allows it to teleport around the place and into other dimensions even though we can barely see the first two eyes. In smash it will get into the background and fire a giant laser beam in the same manner as Zero Suit Samus's final smash.

Lylat Cruise: A nice flight through the Lylat star system from the Starfox series. It shows many locations and the stage itself is split into many ships. However it is very unrealistic as most of the fighters don't wear helmets and none of their heads have exploded.

Lyn: One of the Fire Emblem warriors and one of the three main characters in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. Is supposedly Roy's half maid and girlfriend but that's mostly from fan lore. Works like a normal swordfighter in smash.