N

Ness: The psychic kid legend two games before Lucas, Ness practically made the stereotype of kids with abilities straying from their home to save the world. Even if he had a simpler backstory than Lucas, Ness had much more adventures and had to go through twice the number of obstacles that Lucas had to go through. He is widely known for his incredibly versatile projectile, PK Thunder, which you actually control as Ness is crouching down and his ok taunt which is... ok. Let's say it gets very over repetitive after a long period of time. Ness's final smash is PK Starstorm which sends literal stars falling from the sky to many locations on the stage, while juggling opponents all around.

New Donk City Hall: The place in the game, Mario Odyssey, where all the hippies and drunkards sit around to hear some smooth jazz music. New Donk City is one of the most popular kingdoms in the game as it contains so much detail and one of the key parts of this flowing ecosystem is the main hall of the city. Not only is it a fantastic bar but it's also where Mayor Pauline hangs around as she does her stuff. You heard me, Mayor Pauline. She's probably plotting to take revenge on Mario with her supreme economical knowledge or something.

New Pork City: A city from the Mother series that Porky has now taken rule over. This high tech location is supposed to be a joke on the already existing location, New York City, but over the years it has turned into a joke of it's own. Before Smash 4, New Pork City was what was considered  as a large stage and a very odd one as there were breakable platforms and weirdly bent ones that look like they were all depressed from seeing the deaths in Avengers: Endgame. The mood that the stage gave was one of pure confusion and just straight up randomness. Oh, and there's the Ultimate Chimera who eats you and does a one hit kill.

Nightmare: A celestial vampire with anger issues and the first final antagonist in a Kirby game. He tricked Kirby into helping him (like every other Kirby antagonist) so he could spread his dark demeanor all over Planet Popstar. He does exactly this again in smash as he smothers the whole screen in eternal darkness... until his time as an assist trophy is finished, of course. 

Nikki: The host of a system on the 3DS that allows users to exchange notes, drawings and other sorts of things like that. A bit like Pictochat. In smash, Nikki draws a bunch of images on screen that come alive and cause all kinds of messed-up mayhem.

Nintendog: I'll give you a few seconds to guess what this is. Ok times up. If you guessed a dog sponsored by Nintendo then you are correct. If you guessed anything else... you might still be correct. This little toy poodle licks and cuddles the screen and is so cute that you don't realize that your Kirby has down specialed off the stage 3 times.

Norfair: A stage that is what they described it as. Norfair is truly not fair. The rising lava always trips players up and forces them to fight on the higher smaller platforms. Items or any attacks with good range can easily take up a whole platform. And the lava wall. Being a volcanic planet from the Metroid series it makes sense that all of these events are taking place as it's not really the planet's fault on spewing lava everywhere. But the lava wall! It kills EVERY SINGLE THING  that's not inside the tiny box that already is hard to enter. WHAT THE HECK GAME. WHAT WERE YOU DAMN THINKING!!!!!

Northern Cave: A cave in the upmost north side of the world. Hence the name. Well it's actually more of a volcano than a cave but hey, whatever glows goes. Being more than just a normal stage, it shows a cinematic screening in it's background which tells of the epic showdown between good and evil. As well as a giant explosion that mimics the look of the aurora borealis... but nuked.