Chapter I

"Not good enough!" the bulky man exclaimed. I hated him. I hated him down to my very core. He slapped me across the face, and I stood there, calming myself down from the anger. "Do it again!" the fiery man demanded.

I looked down at my hands. There was no way I was gonna be able to play this perfectly, even if it took years. My right and left hands can't play different rhythms at the same time. My fingers are short and stubby and my right hand is messed up because of the damaged nerves in the left side of my face, which is partially wrapped in a bandage.

Despite knowing I'll probably get slung around like a rag doll after I mess up, I play with no nervousness. I play a few notes very choppy and slow. I hit wrong notes on accident and soon enough, I'm being yanked out of the chair by the shirt.

"Do you think I'm a joke to you?!" Endeavor screamed in my face. I stare back at him blankly.

"It's physically impossible for me to play the piano. I'll stick with violin instead," I calmly stated. He slaps me again. And again. And again till I have the urge to pass out. I pant heavily, my breath hitching when he touches my back. He comes closer to my ear and whispers : "I have no choice, you shall not learn the piano." He stood straighter and looked me in the eye. "I was hoping you would pick it up easily, but I guess a worthless, useless, weak little boy such as you can't achieve it." He walked out of the music room we kept in our house.

"Just because I can't play it doesn't mean I don't understand it. My hands won't work but my brain surely does," I mumbled softly through the silence. I sigh and get up off the bench, still a bit dizzy because of the abuse. I stumble through the hallway down to my bedroom and open the door to it. I made sure to lock it behind me just so my dad can't make me do training at night.

"I hate him. I hate him so much," I tersely whisper. "He had to hit my left side of all places." I gently stroked the previously white bandage now stained a rust color. I unwrapped it and looked myself over in the mirror.

My burn was once a bright orangey red color but now it's faded to a deep crimson because of reopened pours, oddly separating my face just like my hair. Red and white. On both materials, hair and skin. Just like my eye color as well. A dull grey and a bright turquoise blue. All divided my left and right separate from each other. It's like I'm fire in left and ice in right, completely opposite. I hate it. I hate my left side so much. It reminded my mother of my abusive father, and she hated it as well. That's why she threw boiling hot water on it. She wanted to get rid of it, and that made me want to get rid of it too.

I cleaned myself up and re-wrapped the bandage and threw myself on my bed, tired from the training and practicing.

Music was my only escape. The only way I could release my pain. I can't tell my siblings because their too busy. I won't even think about telling my father, hell no. I can't tell my friends because, well, I don't have any. Not that I know of. I can't tell anyone because I have no one. Well, I guess I have someone.

'Meowe'

     I patted the bed for my cat, Kori, to join me. She jumps up and sits on my back, and that made me chuckle a little. Kori is the only one that listens to me and still loves me, I think. I can tell her anything, and she'll either stay silent or let out incompetent meows. I sit up, making her fall off of me but she crawls in my lap for comfort. I caress her soft, light brown and tan fur. Her olive green eyes look up at me and her pupils take up half of it. A really pretty creature in my opinion. She meows again, making biscuits with her paws on my thigh.

"I hate him. I want him to go. I want my mom back. I want to play music freely, to let all the hushed pain out. I want my left side gone. If I didn't love music as much as I do, I would've cut off my left arm by now," I say quietly. Kori hissed at me before continuing her biscuits. "I know, I know. I just hate my left side so much, it reminds me of my dad. And now with this scar..." I look in the large mirror in my room, "I'm almost an exact replica of him. The only thing saving me from that is my right side." I look down at the cat, she's slightly purring, nuzzling her nose in the crevice of my bent knee.

     An idea suddenly popped in my head. I stopped petting her and started stroking some of my hair a certain way. She looked up at me to see what had made me stop petting her, and stared. I brushed some of my hair to the left, red and white, to cover my eye. I glanced back over to the mirror and instantly liked what I saw.

The red, and some of the white, hair was brushed over my nose, and covered almost all of the scar. Sure, the red hair was still there, but I looked like my mom. I'll let my bangs get longer, that way it can cover the whole thing. A wide smile came over my face and I turned my gaze back to my cat. She seemed to be staring at me with smiling eyes. She looked almost as happy as me. I hugged her, nuzzling my face into her soft fur.

"Even though I'll look weird and... amo was it called? I don't care, this is my new look. As soon as my hair gets long enough, I'll never get it cut shorter," I happily say.

"That way I can escape the burden of becoming Endeavor."
________________________________

I GIVE SO MUCH CREDIT TO phantom_gabrielz FOR THE INSPIRATION OF THIS STORY AND YOU SHOULD READ THEIR STORIES BECAUSE THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!!

Okay now, this was supposed to be a KiriBaku fanfic but the characters I had in mind didn't fit their description, but instead, made for a perfect TodoDeku fanfic. So here we are at the end of the first chapter of a TodoDeku fanfic.

I hoped you enjoyed.

Published June 10 2019
Edited December 12 2022