Chapter XII

-Two days later; IZUKU POV-

     "Izuku! Foods ready!" My mom called. I yelled back and ran down stairs. I sat at the dining table and waited for my mom to sit down with me. When she did, we said our blessings and dug in. Fried rice with egg and sushi rolls to the side.

My mom turned on the news. I ignored it but my mother's sudden gasp startled me.

     "What's wrong?" I ask with my mouth full.

     "Isn't that boy, uh, Shoto Todoroki your roommate?" Mom asks wearily.

     "Yes why?" She point towards the screen.

     "A 911 Call was distributed from the Todoroki residence. The call took place around 12:30 am two days ago and it was said to be a domestic violence case. Five people were in the house at that time, the perpetrator, two barely scratched, Kasai and Natsuo Todoroki, one severely injured, Fuyumi Todoroki, and one in critical condition, Shoto Todoroki." My heart dropped. "It is said that Shoto Todoroki took on the perpetrator in defense for his siblings. He was found unconscious under the man that was strangling him in the the living room while the others were locked in the bathroom. It is still unknown who this criminal is, but will continue to investigate and keep you updated. Back to you, Fo-"

     I shut off the TV. I suddenly lost my appetite and pushed my left overs in the center of the table.

     "Izuku..." Mom sniffled. I began to cry. My chest tightened and my head pounded. I cried and sobbed and wheezed. I felt a pair of warm arms around me, cooing in my ear my moms voice. "Shhh....shhh.... don't cry."

     "B-But he- he's..." words failed me at this point, I couldn't speak. I cried in my moms arms for what felt like an eternity. When my sobs turned to sniffles, she let go and made me face her.

     "You know how you were in the hospital a month ago? How I told you I met Shoto?" Mom said. I nodded and she gave me a smile. "He was pacing by the waiting room, he looked sick with worry but he was still so kind. You know what he said to me?" she smiled brightly at me.

"What did he say?"

"He told me that he thought you would be okay because you're the 'strongest person he knows.' He had faith that you'd pull through even though he had no idea what was going on. He trusts you." She pulled me into a hug. "So you have to have faith that he'll be okay. You have to trust him to pull through like he did you."

"..." I was speechless. I had no idea he saw me like that. It made my chest hurt more. But my moms right, I have to believe in him.

"How about we go visit him tomorrow. See how he's doing?" Mom pulled back and wiped my tears. I nodded as she helped me up and to my room. She laid me down on the bed before kissing my forehead. As soon as she left, my eyes fluttered shut and nightmares haunted my dreams.

-THE NEXT DAY-

     "Mom! Hurry!" I yelled hopping into my shoes at the front door. It was getting cooler by the day so I threw on my coat. My mother had just gotten done in the kitchen so she didn't even have her apron off yet.

     "Izuku, honey, he's not going anywhere. He'll still be there when we arrive," she said as she slowly slipped on her shoes. I was bouncing to release all the nervous energy I had built up. How bad was his condition? Could he be in a coma? Did he have broken spinal cord? Who did this to him and his family? Why didn't he tell me he had more than one sibling? Why did he not hide in the bathroom like the others?

     I jumped in the passenger seat and buckled as my mom turned on the car. I could've just drove there on my own but I don't know what kind of mental state I'm gonna be in when I leave or if I leave at all. Maybe that's why I wore sweats today.