Chapter X

-Back to Shoto POV-

'What happened?! Why did he just collapse?! He said something about a heart problem but WHAT IS IT?! Damnit! GODDAMNIT!!'

My thoughts were eating me alive. I was worried to the point I couldn't sleep at all. I think for the past three days I haven't slept more than 2 hours or so. I'm running solely on adrenaline and caffeine. I'm not a big coffee drinker but I think I just downed 4 cups in 2 minutes or less.

All of his friends came to the hospital. Bakugou included, so I kept my distance. I figured they were probably still mad at me for that, so I didn't bother with them. They're all in the waiting room while I'm pacing outside the door to it. I kept chewing on my thumb and kept my hat low on my face. I was in such a hurry I didn't even think about fixing my hair, so I took a hat and at the front desk I asked for a medical eyepatch. He was skeptical but gave it to me anyway.

I bit on my thumb and made it bleed when I faced the other way. A short woman with dark green hair tied back and emerald eyes was walking my way, almost bumping into me. Her face was aged and her freckles speckled her rosy cheeks. She was a lot shorter than me and she couldn't be any older than her late 30s. Was this Izuku's mother?

"Oh I'm so..." she looked up at my face. "Oh dear what happened?! You look ill. Do I need to call a nurse?" the woman asked concerned, reaching up to touch my cheek. The right side, thank god.

"Do you happen to be Izuku Midoryia's mother?" I asked calmly, even though my heart was flying. Her eyes widened.

"You know my Izuku? Is he okay?!" Tears started to fill the corners of her eyes. She looked so gentle and hurt and it reminded me of Izuku. I bent down and hugged her, which I didn't think I was capable of doing. She slightly smiled into my shoulder and started rubbing my back. Tears staining my shirt.

"I don't know but I think there was a problem with his heart. He was in and out of consciousness but he still talked. I think he'll be okay, he's the strongest person I know." Physically and mentally.

"I hope you're right, uhhh..." she lightly chuckled as she began to pull away. "What's your name my dear?" Mrs. Midoryia asked.

"Shoto Todoroki. Izuku's roommate." I held out my hand as she shook it with both of hers.

"I'm Inko Midoryia, but call me Inko. It's nice to mee...wait," she trailed off and then her eyes widened in surprise. "You're that famous young musician that everyone talks about, right?" I cringed at her words and nodded. She then clasped her hands together. "Oh what an honor. I don't really know much about the music community or music in general so it took me a minute for me to recognize you," she apologized. I hummed.

"Don't fret about it. It's actually quite refreshing, to be honest." I glanced towards the waiting room. "Izuku's friends are inside. I'll be out here," I tell her. She blinked for a moment then gave me a heartwarming smile.

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you. Izuku told me about his roommate but never told me who it was no matter how much I asked." She chuckled a bit. "Well thank you. Knowing that you have as much faith in Izuku as me or more lets my mind rest just a bit easier," she soothed before disappearing in the bland room full of teenagers.

     I now know where Izuku gets his gentle soul from. His mother is so kind hearted and accepting. But what troubled me is that she told me Izuku didn't tell her who his roommate was. I wonder why. Oh well, I'll ask.... after he's recovered from this mystery.

     I looked at my thumb. Teeth marks were still very visible on my it and I began chewing on it again and paced the hall.

     It was nearly an hour before we got news on Midoryia. The doctor went directly in the waiting room and I trailed behind him. He was way shorter than me so I towered over him. Like I towered over anybody except for a select few.