Chapter IV

~ONE WEEK LATER~

     "Todoroki, help me please!" Midoryia whined. I sighed.

     It's been a week since school started and I was still getting used to the college life. I've already met people who I can stand to be around, which was Midoryia, Uraraka, Kirishima, Sero, Ojiro, Asui, Jirou, Yaoyorozu, Shoji, and Iida (sometimes). The other friends are cool, but they're too rowdy for my comfort. But I guess that's what makes them fun. Kaminari is a little bit too hyper and Ashido along with Hagakure are a little bit too into gossip. Bakugou is just.... too prideful and loud. I don't know how Kirishima can stand him.

     I was fixing my hair because I went for a jog and the wind messed it up. I'm very lucky that Midoryia wasn't in the room when I came back because he would've been (even more) suspicious if he saw me covering my eye with my hand.

     I walked out of the bathroom, just finished taking a shower and throwing on some sweats with wet hair dripping down my face.

     "What is it?" I ask. I see him ruffle his already messy hair furiously, clearly frustrated.

     "How can I transpose this music to bass and treble clef if I can't read alto clef in the first place?" he shouted angrily. I chuckle at his childlike attitude and slide the towel over my shoulders.

     "Let me see."

     I lean down placing my hand over the back of the leather sofa. We were fairly close, but I didn't mind it. I gazed at the scribbled pieces of paper. It was filled with scales of the alto clef and under it were lines with a bass symbol and above it was the same thing except with a treble symbol. I chuckle.

     "On the piano, what is three whole steps up from B natural in treble clef?" I ask.

     "Uh, E natural?"

     "Correct. So the in alto clef, it is a whole step upward, making it F to them."

     "So F in alto is E in treble?" he asked. I hummed as he smiled and wrote down the answer. "What about bass?"

     "Take another whole step upward in alto and that is the answer."

     "G natural! I get it now! Thank—!" Midoryia exclaimed and turned his head. I was still looking at the paper, accidentally transposing all the notes in my head on instinct. Midoryia didn't move his hand, nor did he say anything to me. I glanced at him. His face was fairly close to mine and really red. His mouth was smiling awkwardly and his eyes were wide. I furrowed my brows, confused.

     "What? Is there something on my face?" I ask. He started stuttering gibberish but one thing I understood.

     'Oh, I'm in his personal space.' I stood straight. Closing my eyes and inhaling deeply.  "Sorry."

     All noise stopped in the room until Midoryia started uttering apologies.

     "You don't need to be sorry because there's nothing to be sorry for. I'm the one that should be apologizing for making you worry-"

     "I'm sorry for intruding your personal space. I didn't realize how close I was and that made you uncomfortable," I deadpanned, a little harsher than I meant it to be, but he shrugged it off and smiled, a pink tint invading his freckled cheeks.

     "Oh it's fine! And thanks for helping me understand it." He showed me his adorable closed eyed smile, and I couldn't help but give him a small grin.

     "No worries. That's what friends are for," I say and then I flopped on the opposite end of the couch and scrolled through my phone.

     "Yeah..." I heard him whisper and he turned back around to finish his homework. I let a small smile escape my lips.