Chapter VII

Midoryia called us in sick and we stayed in the dorm all day. I was still in utter disbelief that this boy had accepted me so easily. He didn't ask any questions (which were odd for him) and seemingly pretended it wasn't there. I was kinda relieved at this unexpected outcome.

We played board games and card games and some computer games as well. We both agreed that we'd buy a TV so we could watch movies and play video games. I ordered it off of Amazon in secret because he would've argued with me.

     It was late in the afternoon and we were sitting on his bed, playing would you rather, though we agreed it would be more fun with more people. He suggested we'd call some of our friends over later and I agreed.

     "Wanna go get something to eat? I'm starving," Izuku whined, falling onto his back and holding his stomach. I shrugged.

     "Sure. Let's get changed first," I answered, standing up and stretching my arms. He went into his room and came out rather quickly. He threw a light pink hoodie and blue jeans in my direction and I thankfully caught them. I stared down at them in confusion, these aren't my-

     "Your clothes are so dreary and plain and most of it is dark colored! So the other day I bought you those. I was gonna give them to you for your up coming birthday but decided you should wear them today." He sheepishly scratched the back of his neck and gave me his signature closed eyes smile.

     "Ah, why? My birthday is 4 months from now. But thanks for reminding me because I forgot," I admit. My birthday wasn't special to me since I didn't celebrate it after my mom was submitted to a mental asylum. I kept track of my age but that was the only reason I even remembered my birthday existed.

     "How could you forget your own birthday?!" Midoryia suddenly shouted.

     "It's not a big deal."

     "Yes it is! It's the only day of the year where you can be a little selfish and not get scolded!" I was surprised to hear that come out of his mouth.

     "It's not that special. Thousands of people have the same birthday as me so-"

     "Tell me about what other person you have met that I know has the same birthday as you?"

     "Why are you getting so worked up about this?" I asked him and he became quiet. He thought about it for a moment.

     "It's because I'm your best friend and... I care about these things," he said, looking me straight in the eyes. "I'm going to make sure you'll have the best birthday ever! That's a promise!"

     "Knock yourself out," I reply, feeling a smile tug at the corners of my lips. "Now, let's get ready and leave before my stomach eats itself," I said, pulling an adorable chuckle out of Midoryia.

     "Yeah, I agree!" He smiled and we got ready and left the dormitory.

•-•-•-•-•

We sat in the cafeteria at a table located on the west corner. It was off to the side so it was kind of secluded, though I was grateful for that. On the way here, Izuku had messed up my hair, exposing my scar. I knew he meant it in a playful manner, but I think he must've forgotten already about how self conscious I was about it. Right now I was currently trying to cover my scar with my hair. Midoryia had lent me his gray cap he was wearing earlier after he noticed my sudden panic.

We silently stuffed Mac n cheese and bread rolls into our mouths after deciding to skip school for the rest of the day. I wasn't really in the mood to learn anything, academically anyway.