Chapter XV

Before we get started, I just wanted to say thank you for reading my first TodoDeku fanfic. I hope the characters weren't too OC, TodoDeku is surprisingly hard to write.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ - A little NSFW is present in this chapter. Readers discretion is advised.

______________________________

•~•SHOTO POV•~•

I didn't notice it until Izuku came from his bed room and sat at a stool that was placed behind a keyboard.

"Oh, wow. I didn't even notice that until now." I got up and walked over to where Izuku nervously sat. I ran my fingers over the design of the electric piano. "Too bad I could never learn how to play." I smiled at him awkwardly.

"Shoto, I know you, um, got out of the hospital and you were thrown a surprise birthday party... you've been through a lot in just one day and for the past few months in general but..." He scratched his elbow, "...could you handle uhm...one more thing...?" I looked at him confused but I shrugged.

"One more thing couldn't hurt, so why not?" I sat back down on the couch and waited. I assumed Izuku was just gonna play something like happy birthday or anything of the sort.

"O-Okay... here I go..." His fingers pressed down a chord. And then another chord and a few notes. My eyes widened when he started to sing. I didn't know he could actually sing. I always heard him on key but his voice was practically yelling instead of singing every time we jammed to a song together in the car. But hearing him actually sing made my heart pound.

And that's when I realized what he was singing.

I felt heat rush to my ears and face and a tingling sensation scattered throughout my nerves. His beautiful piano playing and his honey smooth voice didn't have any nervousness to it and he swayed side to side with the music.

It wasn't until he was on the second verse when I joined him.

I pulled Izuku up from his piano, still singing the verse. He stammered a bit, but I kept singing as I place my hand on his slim waist and intertwined my fingers with his as I slowly swayed back in fourth. It's like I was in a dream and I could do whatever I wanted, and all I wanted was Izuku.

He placed his hand on my shoulder and began to dance with me and began singing again.

And we stayed like that, even after the song was over and the only thing you could hear was silence. I slowly came to a stop, smiling and staring at the boy who rested his head against my chest. I love him, and I was gonna tell him. Right now, in this beautiful moment. I might ruin it, but I'm willing to risk that. I just want him to know.

"Izuku?" I whispered. I felt him perk up and he looked me in the eye.

"What is it?" He blinked at me, his emerald eyes shining with happiness and I hesitated.

"I...Can I tell you something?" I ask quietly. He hummed, a curious smile gracing his cute face. "And promise me it isn't gonna change our friendship?"

"I promise." He nodded his head and I could see the slight fear behind his joyful eyes. I let go of his hand and I pull him closer to me. I rested my forehead on his broad shoulder and took a deep breath. I felt him wiggle his arms a between my arms and torso until he could fasten his hand around my own waist.

"I think I'm in love with you Izuku Midoryia..."

Silence was all that rung in my ears. I felt Izuku freeze and tense under my hold and I began to fear his response. Did I just freak him out?