Still Searchin'

|Brandon's POV|

Last year was not how I thought it would go. After losing my girl and almost dying, I realized shit ain't always sweet. I would have never thought that something I thought was small, could turn into something as tragic as it did.

But I know now, and I've become smarter with the shit I do. All of us have. Except Poppa C. He moved away and I don't blame him.

"King." One of my newest members called out. I didn't answer him, but I did look that way.

"Killa and Trigga want to see you in the lobby. They said it's important."

I nodded and left out of my office. I went downstairs to where they were and they were in a rotation.

"Wassup?" They looked up at me. "What y'all need?"

"We need to start making arrangements with the guys around here. Pops want us to go visit him next week." Kendrick told me.

I smiled. But I wonder what for. Anyways, I was happy about seeing Poppa C. He basically became my father, after my mine died.

"Oh forreal, where he at anyways? He never told us."

"He in Cali man. Him and Uncle Corey. I heard they about to start some business down there and we're gonna be connected with them. Which means more drugs and most importantly more MONEY." He cheesed. I rubbed my chin hairs and took this in deep thought.

Money don't mean shit to me anymore, honestly. I'm the biggest king pin around. I'm fuckin' rich. So yeah, more money ain't gon mean a damn thing.

"I'm pretty sure we gon take this offer hands down. I don't expect nothing to change though."

They nodded and agreed. Then I looked over at Trigga and noticed how quiet he was, which was strange.

Even after what happened last year, he was still his playful and goofy self.

"Yo Trigga, what's wrong? You good?" I asked. I wonder if he was thinking about a girl. Haha, nah...

"Actually no.. I got a lot of shit on my mind right now." He exhaled, blowing the smoke out his mouth.

"Like what? You know you can talk to us, we family." Kendrick told him.

"Nah man, we ain't family. Not nomore." Trigga shook his head.

"Fuck you mean man? We've always been a family. Since we were little." I sort of yelled. That shit he just said got me feeling some type of way.

"I'm with Brandon T, you trippin' right nah." Kendrick added.

"I mean, not really I ain't mean it in a bad way. Y'all my niggas for life. But we all know, we ain't a family without Mille. At least a complete family anyway." He stressed. This was the only time Trigga softened up. Anybody else would have been forgot about.

I agreed with him 100%.

"True... we're gonna find her though. I promise I won't stop until I get my baby back. Y'all know this Saturday coming up is our anniversary?" I asked.

"Damn nigga." Trigga chuckled. "You remember that? Now don't get me wrong, I love Mille but I couldn't remember that shit. Uh uh!" He said in a gay voice.

"Faggot, it's not your job to. But hell yeah, I remember. It'll be a year and two months." I smiled just thinking about it. It would be nice if I could just find her that same day.

"Aww. " Kendrick playfully said. "Ain't that sweet."

"Fuck you." I laughed. "I'll never forget about my baby."

"We know this, but aye check this out. I heard Brielle escaped again." Trigga informed us. I scrunched up my face at the thought of her. It's crazy how we went from us being close, to her being a wild woman. She was dead to me.

"So? The fuck that got to do with us. She good exactly wherever she at." I told him.

"Hell yeah, and Atlanta need to tighten up with they services. How the fuck she keep escaping?" Kendrick added.

"The bitch gotta be smart as hell to escape the hospital, like damn. They should have tied her to one of those handicap chairs a something." I chuckled.

"You feel me! Or either a damn straight jacket, something. I'm scared of crazy people."

"Man fuck all that." Trigga laughed. "Most likely she looking for that Blue nigga, think about it. We find her before she find him, we make her tell us where he may be and bam! We can get the answers we need."

I nodded, liking his idea.

"Shit, I'm down." I agreed.

"Me too. Once I get my hands on that nigga, I swear!" Kendrick added.

"Do y'all think Camille still alive?" I asked. This was a question I asked myself everyday. With no hope of finding her, I'm starting to believe my worst fear is true.

They didn't say a word, and I didn't bother to say anything else about it. I know I probably hit a nerve with Kendrick.

Out of all of us, he misses her the most. I think even more than me. He's always blaming his self, but I try to let him know that it's not his fault.

It's hard to do, when I blame myself too and so does Trigga. We blame ourselves and wished we would have done something sooner.

I won't stop looking for Camille until I found out where she is, or worst... if she's dead.

I love her with all my heart, I swear I do. And if it came down to it, I would kill myself if I ever found out she wasn't here anymore.

"Um.. let's go home y'all. We need a break." Trigga suggested. "My house? Y'all can crash in my guest rooms."

Me and Kendrick nodded, following with the plan. We were probably gon get fucked up and talk about a bunch of bullshit. Go out and get in some trouble, then call it a night.

We exited the trap, and headed in different directions to our cars. Once I made it to mine, I just sat there and thought about my baby. I really hope she's okay.

I heard Kendrick and Trigga leave, but I couldn't just yet. My mind wasn't ready.

I took out my wallet and I had a picture of me and Camille, from our 1st anniversary. She was in the hospital at the time, but she had the biggest smile on her face.

I rubbed her face on the picture and laughed a bit at how hard she was smiling. Other than that my baby was absolutely beautiful.

I never met a girl that could compare to her and I don't think anybody would.

A small, cold tear fell from my eye and I sniffled before another one of came rolling down my face too. Damn, I missed her so much. This was my first time crying over a female and my heart was aching.

I never in my life felt this sad about losing someone. Not even my own father.

I kissed the picture and stared at it some more.

"I love you so much girl..."

What y'all think? Give me feedback. 😊

Vote .

Comment .

Mookie ❤️

(Brandon in the MM)