Chapter 1

We were driving. My mum in the front seat, and my little brother in the seat beside her. My brother sat and played on my mum's phone. I changed my gaze from my mother and brother the whole way to the college. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I had never actually left my house in Nashville. Now I had to stay in one of Los Angels prestigious colleagues by my self, and my roomie of course. 

"Amelia, honey? Look outside we're here!" Mum looked at me with the back mirror and looked excited. I took my headphones out my ears and looked outside. I looked at the tall buildings. There was a lot of people outside the building. Some of them were hugging and others were saying goodbye. 

Mum parked the car. I opened the door and got out. I looked around. My stomach started to get weird. Mum helped me with all of my bags. I took a big breath. We went over to the entrance. I took my backpack and took a paper out with the number of my dorm room. There was a lot of students inside the building, trying to find their room. I glanced from door to door. Finally, i found my room number. I opened the door and was about to go in when i saw a tall boy in my room. He was unpacking. He was wearing a white shirt and black tight jeans. He looked foreign. His skin color was a little bit dark. He looked muscular too. He turned around and smiled at us. As he came closer i could see his deep gorgeous eyes. They were a deep coffee brown color, almost like mine. 

"Oh hi! Sorry I'm Joseph Winston. Nice to mee you!" He said and took his hand out. 

My mum and i looked at each other confused. 

"Have you always been so tall?" My brother James says out of the blue. I got so embarrassed. My face turned red.

"James!!..... I'm sorry... I think you're in the wrong room? I am sharing my room with a girl named Hannah" I said confused.

"It's alright! Oh..yeah, apparently she wanted to share her room with her best friend, so she changed her room".

"Oh, well, we didn't know that. It still doesn't explain why they would let a boy share a room with a girl?" My mum said and crossed her arms. 

"Mum!!" I say irritated. Joseph laughs.

"I'm sorry. It's something you have to talk to the board member about. I mean i can leave if you don't want me to stay here with your daughter." 

"Thank you very much! That would help a lot! I just have to find someone from the board member." My mum is about to turn around when i stop her.

"Mum, please! Is it that big of a deal?" I say a little bit quieter. I look at her and give her a look. 

" What? I don't want my daughter sleeping with a boy" She says.  

Joseph smiles at me and looks down afterward.

Mum turns around and starts going down the stairs. 

"I'm really sorry about my mum, she is just.... overprotective," I say and hope he doesnt think that I'm wired.

"It's okay, they have to be. They are parents!" He says and chuckles. He has a cute smile. He could get anyone to smile. I chuckled.

"What was your name again?" He asked.

"Oh so sorry. I'm Amelia Grace." I take my hand out so he can shake it. 

"That's a beautiful name," He says. He shakes my hand and smiles at me. 

"Thank you!" I say and blush. I look down. 

I hear my mum in the background. 

"I'm sorry mam we can't do that. The boy's rooms are full, that's why we moved him to the girl's side." a woman comes closer with a lot of papers in her hand. My mum walks beside her.

"Mum, can i talk to you, please?" I ask. 

I take her arm and get a little bit away from the room. 

"Would you just please trust me? What's the worst thing that could happen? Just trust me please."

"I don't know. He looks like the type who doesn't care about his education."  She hesitates.

"What mum, you don't even know him!?"

"I have my mum intentions, honey," She says and looks intensely at me. 

"Mum, please. I promise nothing will happen" I say. 

"I don't know.. okay maybe" She says, and i interrupt. 

"Please! Please!" I beg her. 

"Okay....fine. fine. You're responsible, and i trust you." She says as she was gonna regret just after she had said it. 

"Awww I love you!" I start to jump up and down, and then i hug her. 

She hugs me really hard.

"Okay...mum, if you don't, let go, I'm gonna die before we start the year," I say and chuckle. 

Mum chuckles. She walks past me over to the door room. She gets over to Joseph. 

"Okay no smoking, and don't distract her when she's doing her work. Oh! and no late night parties!"

"Mum!! Please" I shout. Some girls walk by our room and whisper while staring at us. I get so embarrassed. 

"Okay fine! I'm just making it clear for him. He has to know he shares almost everything with a girl now!" 

I look at her a little bit irritated.  She looks at me and stops talking. I get passed her with all my bags. 

"Fine fine! I'm sorry. I'm just saying!" She says. 

"I promise no late night parties and smoking, and i won't distract her when she works," Joseph says, and smiles at my mum. 

"Thank you so much for understanding Joseph. It was nice meeting you." 

"Okay, i think that's all. Remember to call and write every day" She comes over to me and hugs me hard again. 

" I will. I promise!" I say almost out of breath. 

"I'm still not comfortable with you sleeping with a boy." 

"Okay mum, listen! We're not even sleeping in the same room. We have a room each. It's only the living room, and the kitchen we have to share. Just please trust me!"

"Yeah, i know. I know. I'm just saying." 

James runs over to me and hugs me around my legs. 

"I am gonna miss you" I get down, so he can reach my head.

"I am gonna miss you too!" I say and kiss his cheek.

"Okay, i think we have to leave now James, come on!" Mum says.

James runs over to my mum. 

"Okay bye, sure you have it all?"

"Yeah, Mum!" I say rolling my eyes.

"Okay, good luck! I love you!" She says. 

"I love you too," I say.

I get over to the door and close it. 

"Your mum is sweet!" Joseph says and smiles. 

"Oh please.. you don't have to say that...She is..." Joseph interrupts.

"No, she is! At least you have one" He says. 

I look at him. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, i didn't know..." I say and want to hit myself for what i said. 

"Nah, it's fine. Really" He says and looks at me. 

"Oh...okay" 

There are moments of silence, and then i start unpacking.