Chapter 11: Time After Time

Lai: [grabbing Chris's hand] Baby, I love you so much. The baby is growing so fast babe. He's getting so big. I'm 7 months now. 2 more months to go baby. Damn babe, it's been a month since your accident. You've been asleep since then. I hope you wake up in time for the baby shower and the birth of our baby boy. He's always moving like crazy babe. All in my side at night. [laughing] Babe, everyone has been so kind and caring....even Tray. Maria has been amazing. She's really like my other boyfriend baby. [laughing] Her gangsta ass. I love it! She wears your clothes baby. She be looking like a whole Stud. I mean I wear them too, but she looks more masculine in them than me. She's like a girly tomboy. Oh, she goes to all of the doctors appointments with me. Well, she actually doesn't let me drive or go anywhere by myself. I'm so thankful for her, your family, and my family. 

Maria: [peeps her head in] You talking about me baby?

Lai: Yesssssss. I was just telling him how amazing you are and how you've been here for me. 

Maria: Awww babe. [smiling] He looks so peaceful babe. 

Lai: Yeah, he does. [caressing his face]

Maria: I miss hearing his voice, his smile, and his laughter.

Lai: Yeahhhh me too. [becoming sad]

Maria: Awww babe. I didn't mean to make you sad and get emotional. [rubbing her back]

Lai: It's okayyyyyy. [crying]

Maria: Awwww my poor baby. [kissing her forehead] and [comforting her]

Maria: [says to Chris} Baby Boy! We miss you! Don't be gone too long! You got this! [leaning down to gently kiss his forehead]

King: [knocks on the door] Wassup y'all?

Maria: Wassup King! [to everyone else] Heyyy Y'all.

Lai: Heyyy King. [sniffling] Heyyy Y'all.

Nique: [hugging Lai] It's gonna be alright boo! We're here for you.

Carmen: [hugging her too] Yes girl, we're here for you love. [looking over at Chris] Damn. Look at my boy Chris. 

Corey: Damn, this is crazy. [looking over at Chris]

King: For real. I hate seeing my boy Gilly like this man.

Nique: Right. I'm about to get emotional myself. 

Queen and Clarence: [comes walking in] Heyyy Y'all.

Everyone: Heyyyyyy!

Lai: Thanks for everything y'all. I really appreciate it. 

Queen: So, how is he coming along?

Lai: The Doctor said, he's making progress. There's more brain activity going on.

Clarence: Well, that's good.

Queen: Yeah, that sounds like good news. 

Lai: Yeahhhhh, true. I just hope he wakes up soon. 

Everyone: [Righttttt]

Tray: [peeps in] Wassup Y'all?

Everyone: [looks back at Tray]

Lai: Heyyy Tray.

Maria: Wassup Tray.

Everybody Else: [silent]

Tray: Really? Don't be like that. I'm not on no bullshit. 

King: Wassup Tray. 

Nique: Hey Tray.