Chapter 31: Past Demons

Chris: [opening the door]

Tray: Is Kenn here bruh?

Chris: Yes she is and she doesn't want to see or talk to you right now. 

Tray: Bullshit. She needs to tighten the fuck up. 

Chris: Nah. You need to tighten the fuck up nigga and learn how to keep your hands to yourself.

Tray: Mannnn whatever nigga. I didn't mean to hit her. 

Chris: Whether you meant to or not. It's unacceptable.

Tray: Yeah okay. [looking away] KENNNNNN!!!

Chris: [closing the door then stepping outside] Nigga are you deaf? SHE DOES NOT WANT TO SEE OR TALK TO YOU RIGHT NOW!!!! 

Tray: [shaking his head] I was provoked Chris. She put her hands on me first. I have a black eye and a busted lip too.

Chris: There's no excuse for the shit that you did bruh. I've been hit by plenty of females and not once have I ever beat on any of them. You know what I do? Hold them down, restrain them, or fuck the shit out of them. That's all. 

Tray: Mannnn. [sucking his teeth]

Chris: You have a serious problem bruh. You need to get your temper under control. You should really seek help for that shit. 

Tray: It's easier said than done. [sighing] You don't know what I've been through. 

Chris: Well help me understand. Let's talk more about this. Meet me in the back. 

Tray: Aight bruh. [walking to the back of the house]

Chris: Now talk to me. What's going on with you?

Tray: I just get so angry bruh and I don't know how to control it. When anyone puts their hands on me in any way, I lose it. I know I have a problem and I want to get help, but I don't think it's going to be enough.

Chris: Why won't it be enough? The first step is admitting you have a problem and the next step is attempting to fix the problem. You have to give it a shot bruh. 

Tray: Yeah, you're right. [looking down]

Chris: I feel like there's more to it. Stop holding back bruh. 

Tray: I went through a lot of shit as a child bruh. You don't even know the half. 

Chris: Of course not. We lived in separate households. You would always act like you had it together. 

Tray: Exactly. It was easier to put on an act than to show my true feelings. 

Chris: Okay. Talk to me bruh. I'm listening. 

Tray: Dad is not who you think he is.

Chris: What does he have to do with this?

Tray: You haven't seen the Monster within him like I have. 

Chris: What do you mean?

Tray: I hate to admit it, but I get my temper from him. He used to beat the shit out of my Mom. He treated her like trash and treated your Mom like treasure. 

Chris: I know he wasn't perfect. My Mom didn't even give me his last name. 

Tray: Yeah and that's because he didn't want to claim you at first. No offense, but your Mom was the side piece that he was trying to hide from My Mom. You see how close we are in age. He was fucking them both around the same damn time. When he started fucking with your Mom, he changed towards her. He changed towards us. He just got caught up. He went from beating her ass to beating mine. He left my Mom completely because I grew some balls and started fighting back. It took years for us to get to where we are. I hated him for such a longggg time. I resented that nigga. That's why You and I didn't find out about each other until middle school.