Chapter 33

The elevator doors open and I walk into the apartment, completely flustered.
"Who were you with last Saturday?" Nate asks as soon as I see him.
I don't reply.
"I said, who were you with?" He slurs. I see a bottle of beer in his hand and three empty bottles lying on the coffee table.

"Just some friends." I say.
"Which friends?"
"A few model friends." I tell him. "Why?"
"Check your phone." He shakes his head and slams the bottle down on the table.

There's another Gossip Girl blast which came out thirty minutes ago. It's a picture of Nick Sanders and I, making out in an elevator. I don't bother to read what's written below it.

"Nate, I-"
"So it's true?" He looks crushed.
"I'm so sorry. It was just a kiss. It's not what it looks like. It didn't mean anything. You and I had just fought and I was really drunk." I ramble.
"I don't care if we fought. In relationships, you stay and get through the fights. You don't just leave!" He shouts at me.
"Please. I'm really, really sorry. How can I make it up to you?"

"Sorry doesn't mean anything!" He screams in agony. "And to think that I had to find out from Gossip Girl. You didn't even have the decency to tell me." He scoffs.
I look down at the floor, embarrassed. I don't know how to make it better, how to tell him I'm sorry and beg for his forgiveness.
"You're a liar. I don't- I don't want to look at you right now."

He goes into our bedroom and returns with some of my clothes. He tosses them into the foyer and says,
"Leave."
"Nate, I'm not leaving." I start to cry. "I'm sorry. Please, Nate. We can saute this out." I beg.
"Get out!" He roars.
"Where will I even go?" My chest heavs with sobs.
"I don't care."
"Nate,"
"You know what," he spits. "If you're not leaving, I will." He steps into the elevator.

XôXØ

I wake up in the middle of the night, with a bottle of red wine in my hands. I've been sprawled across the couch for the last four hours, crying over what a mess I had made.

I need to find Nate. I need to apologise to him again, I need to beg him to forgive me. I leave the apartment and call for a car, as I look for him on Gossip Girl's Spotted map. He's staying at the Saint Regis Hotel. I tell the chauffer to take me there, and I stumble out of the car as soon as we arrive.

I ask the reception for his room number and they tell me that they're not allowed to give away that kind of information. I lie and tell them that I'm his wife, and they finally take me up to his room.

The room door flies open, and I see Nate sleeping next to a half empty bottle of scotch. I sit down on the bed.
"Nate," I whisper. "Baby, I'm so sorry."
His eyelids flutter and he opens his eyes.
"Leah," his voice is hoarse. "I can't do this right now. It's three a.m." He looks at the time on his phone.

"I just, I- Nate, I'm really sorry."
"We'll talk about in the morning." He says and closes his eyes. I climb into the blanket, and lie down next to him.
"I really am sorry." I murmur.
He doesn't say anything, instead wraps his arm around me and I feel like everything will be okay soon. Not yet, but soon.