Chapter One: Medusa

Heaving a heavy sigh, the thinned woman leaned against the wall of the cave she secluded herself in. She crossed her arms under her sizable breasts, worrying her bottom lip as she stared at the group of soldiers that harassed her next sacrifice towards her cave in Sarpedon Isle. Closing her eyes, she felt the cold wind run across her face, down her throat, and shiver down her spine.

The cold made her feel better, but made her very tired. Since she had been cursed by that damned Athena, she always had issues handling the winter with her snakes. Opening her mixed green eyes, she noted that the soldiers pushed the thin sacrifice. Tilting her head, she narrowed those green eyes. Normally her sacrifices were larger and soldiers that were supported by their comrades. At least until the screams stopped.

This was different.

Gripping her elbows, she turned on her heel and stalked past her stone garden of pretty men. She ran her slender fingers along the shoulders of all the men she passed, having broken all of their heads from their shoulders. She sighed softly as she slumped herself into the stone throne that resided in her cave. She had small bedroom type areas hidden further in the cave, but she always took her sacrifices in what the humans referred to as her throne room.

Resting her chin on her fist, she sighed again. This day was boring, but she was getting through it. She closed her eyes briefly, the soldiers stopping with the sacrifice at the entrance to her cave. The large men pushed the thin sacrifice into the cave, not willing to step past the threshold. Sitting forward slightly, she noticed that the sacrifice was covered in a cream coloured toga like dress, similar to what she wore herself.

This she found interesting.

The sacrifice didn't have bound hands, which wasn't any different than what she was used to. However, there were no weapons given to the sacrifice. This was definitely different. Narrowing her mixed green eyes, she sat up fully in her throne as she watched this sacrifice hold out its hands and start to feel around the room. As the sacrifice made its way closer to her, she noticed that it wasn't a male at all. It was very much female.

Standing quickly, she made her way down the walkway she had made of her man garden and towards the sacrifice. She held her breath as she got closer, noting that the toga dress clung tightly to the woman in all of the right places, and she could feel her mouth dry up. This had never happened to her before. She cleared her throat lightly, which caused the woman to turn her sack covered head towards her.

Oh. They covered her head with a potato sack. This poor child. Medusa tutted softly as she made her way closer, ignoring the girls' cries of fear. The woman kept her arms out, trying to touch anything close to her. The Gorgon kept herself just out of reach of the woman and made to remove the potato sack.

When she pulled the sack off, the woman looked directly at her, but couldn't actually see her. Medusa narrowed her green eyes. Oh. That's why they gave her to me. She's blind. There is no use for a blind woman in a society of perfect people. Shaking her head, she stepped away when the woman reached out for her again. Medusa looked around, noting how close they were to the stone soldiers.

She stepped next to one and made a low noise, instructing the woman to get closer to the soldiers so she could have something to hold on to. When she latched onto the stone soldier next to Medusa, the Gorgon let out a sigh of relief she didn't know she had been holding.

This day had turned into something interesting, alright.