Chapter Eight: Medusa

I woke before the sun rose. This was normal for me. I groan a little and try to get up, only to be unable to. Then everything comes back to me. Oh, Zeus. Asta went to town and now I'm deliciously sore downstairs. Her legs are atop mine, and her hand is splayed across my belly. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was afraid that I was going to leave and never come back. I sighed softly and closed my eyes, letting my breathing even out.

I wasn't going back to sleep, I was too wired. Asta snuggled into my shoulder, and I stiffened. I still wasn't used to physical affection, but if she was going to stay, I'd have to get used to it, wouldn't I? I groaned internally. Who was I to assume that she was going to stay?

I popped one eye open when Asta started squirming beside me. I grinned. I could get her back for last night. I wrapped an arm around her waist and drug her up my body to where she was straddling my chest. She was groggy, but not completely awake yet. I could work with that. I rubbed her thighs with my hands, teasing her. She gripped the headboard, and whimpered. She was almost fully awake now.

"Asta, darling~ Wake up~" I teased her, moving my fingers to her inner thighs now, causing her to spread her legs for me. I kissed the inside of her knees, urging her up further. I moved my hands up her thighs to tease her at her panties. A soft growl escaped me when I heard footsteps at the entrance to my cave.

I let out a growl in frustration as I rolled her back onto the bed, and got up to head to the entrance of the cave. I didn't look at who was there, yet. I wanted to know who it was, first, and why they were bothering my good morning. I stopped and leaned against my throne seat, raising an eyebrow.

"Ah. Varrian. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

I asked him, dripping with sarcasm. I knew why he was here, and I wasn't going to let him leave with Asta. Unless that was what she wanted. In which case, they could both fall in the ocean for all I cared. I sighed, waiting for his answer.