Chapter Six

"Oh, Varrian. I do not know who you are speaking of, but it is not her!" Asta defended that woman that she barely knew. She worried her lip, causing a hiss to sound from behind the pair.

"Take her with you. She is not a worthy sacrifice." Medusa growled deeply and turned on her heel, much to the protests of the pair in her front room. She made her way to her sculpture room, where she brought all the heads of the men from the front room.

Scowling, she ran her fingers over the bust closest to her. She wasn't worthy of that woman. Damn her heart for letting that woman in, when there wasn't a chance in the first place. Resting her hand on that stone cheek, she growled loudly and picked that bust up and threw it against the wall, shattering it.

She did the same with several others, not noticing when the tears started flowing down her face, nor when strong arms wrapped around her waist to hold her still.

"Let. Me. Go." She growled, deeply, trying to scare the woman away.

"Medusa, you are not a monster." She spoke softly, trying to calm the godly monster.

"You've seen what I can do. I can do that to anyone." She growled, trying to squirm away from the woman, who just held her tighter. She didn't want to hurt this woman, but she was testing her patience.

"Who you are from the past is not who you are now." Asta stated, letting a soft kiss be placed between her shoulder blades, which caused the woman to stiffen. Medusa growled again, removing the woman's arms from around her, turned around and got in her face, their lips mere inches apart.

"Your male will continue to come here until you go back with him." She scoffed, leaving the woman in the room while she went to her own bedroom down the stony hallway.

"Medusa, wait-!" Asta called after her, even though she was already gone from the room. "Oh, damn it all." she muttered, holding her hands out as she slowly, but surely, made her way down the hallway, listening for where that godly monster of hers was.

Hers? Oh damn, I have it bad, self.