epilogue

"WATCH YOUR STEP," I shout up the stairs, knowing that his arms are full of boxes.

"I know, I know, babe," he yells back down, causing me to roll my eyes. I finally reach the top and set the box down on the large stack already there. I walk up to Jordan who is standing in the center of the practically empty room, taking in our new apartment.

"That's the last of them."

"I can't believe this is all ours," he replies, still gazing around dreamily. I take in the large windows that overlook the city, the modern living room with a couch, some desks, and a tv, and sigh.

We started moving into our apartment today because orientation is in a week, and we wanted to get settled in. We both got into UCLA, our dream school, and decided to buy an apartment together after school ended a few months ago.

Everything had been smooth sailing since the trial in January, where Jordan's father was locked up for thirty years in prison on countless charges like fraud and illegal drug trafficking. It didn't cause as many problems as we thought it would, and Jordan was given a lot of his father's money due to a trust fund that was unlocked when he turned eighteen, so the state couldn't take it away. He tried to use as little of it as possible, mostly supporting Marion and Rosie, and instead got a job to help pay for the apartment before we moved.

The apartment is the perfect size in a high rise building a few blocks away from the college, with two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a large living/dining room.

"Are you excited for next week?", I ask as I walk to our room with a box.

"I'm always excited for anything with you, Bumble," I hear his deep voice from outside, smooth as usual.

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined a future with someone as perfect as him, and if I was told a year ago that this was my future, I probably would've burst out laughing, never once thinking I could get lucky enough to be where I am today.

Later that night, Jordan and I lounge on the couch together, a box of pizza on the center table, watching the sun set, glowing in the reflection of the multitude of glittering buildings outside. No matter where we are, we can always count on the sunset to bring us together, something that will never change.

And as I gaze out on the sea of skyscrapers outside, I can't help but look forward to what the future will hold.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

stay tuned for the author's note and extras after this!